See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 deck counting

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

8 deck counting

Is this possible to count cards successfully on 8 deck if they shuffle it behind every 4.
    and also can you win long term by simply flat betting

You can count but only getting 50% of the shoe makes it difficult to get an advantage very often.

Flat betting will not allow you to win long term if you are only counting, unless you are only betting during high counts and sitting out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by porcelain View Post
    You can count but only getting 50% of the shoe makes it difficult to get an advantage very often.

Flat betting will not allow you to win long term if you are only counting, unless you are only betting during high counts and sitting out the rest.
    Hole carders are attracted to the eight deck games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    The number if decks is irrelevant. Who is dealing is relevant.

Four decks pen is not worth playing.

In fact, prefer and advise to only play 8 deck with H17, DAS, Sr with no more than two decks cut off.

Otherwise, very high variance.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunally i can only play at places where they change the box middle of it, so i have to jump in at 85% with good plus count, playing 6-7 rounds by flat betting

Quote Originally Posted by mansi19896 View Post
    thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunally i can only play at places where they change the box middle of it, so i have to jump in at 85% with good plus count, playing 6-7 rounds by flat betting
    If that is your only option to play, then it sounds like you are making the best of the situation by only playing the good counts. Good luck with it!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by porcelain View Post
    If that is your only option to play, then it sounds like you are making the best of the situation by only playing the good counts. Good luck with it!
    “If this is your only option to play...”, and you play. then you are addicted, need to go for treatment.

there may be some truth in here in that part that i have noticed true count maybe is not the most important, but counting how many aces are still left. I have seen many time in deep negative if i would had played i would had won, because of the aces.
    but i dont know long term answer for it as im not that experienced yet

there may be some truth in here in that part that i have noticed true count maybe is not the most important, but counting how many aces are still left. I have seen many time in deep negative if i would had played i would had won, because of the aces.
    but i dont know long term answer for it as im not that experienced yet
    Appreciate that you are new to the game but your perspective is misguided. Knowing how many aces may be an additive to your knowledge but True Count is mandatory.

Some multi-level count systems recognize this addition and provide the ability to adjust your true count. HiOptII ASC is likely the best, or very near the best, for such but is more difficult and more error-prone especially to the amateur or semi-pro.

Master a count you can use without error first, then consider your circumstances and then the possible upgrade.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

assuming "good plus count" = +ev - you don't specify the rules - then have at it!!....you can beat them...but, why are you only 'flat betting' at that point???....spread, baby, spread...if allowed

good luck

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    “If this is your only option to play...”, and you play. then you are addicted, need to go for treatment.
    Disregard this poor advice....btw, "takes one to know one, imo"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast