See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you play this game D Schles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Would you play this game D Schles

In Mexico, PV. The game is 6 deck H17 DAS spilt to 4 hands 1 card one ACES, Surrender, 3/2 BJ hand shuffle. I cannot shuffle track. Deep dealt deck less then 1 deck. I use either UBZ, KISS3, or Hi Lo. NO Heat you can spread from 50 pesoes (roughly $2.50 t0 $150.00 USA) 3,000 pesos. The catch is there is a 9% Mexican Tax on winning. Not worried about exchange rate as I would use that as for vacation money. What should I do? Just enjoy my vacation or just forget about it. I would be playing just for fun. I was just wondering if the TAX would be to much to overcome. I have never declared winnings ever so if that helps.

Before you decide if you're going to play you might want to backcount a few shoes to make sure they don't all end in suspiciously high counts.

Quote Originally Posted by umbrellaman View Post
    Before you decide if you're going to play you might want to backcount a few shoes to make sure they don't all end in suspiciously high counts.
    The game is on the level. I Have been there when they open and spread the cards no problem with that. Deales are very good and fast. The only other thing is players are very, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Eagle View Post
    In Mexico, PV. The game is 6 deck H17 DAS spilt to 4 hands 1 card one ACES, Surrender, 3/2 BJ hand shuffle. I cannot shuffle track. Deep dealt deck less then 1 deck. I use either UBZ, KISS3, or Hi Lo. NO Heat you can spread from 50 pesoes (roughly $2.50 t0 $150.00 USA) 3,000 pesos. The catch is there is a 9% Mexican Tax on winning. Not worried about exchange rate as I would use that as for vacation money. What should I do? Just enjoy my vacation or just forget about it. I would be playing just for fun. I was just wondering if the TAX would be to much to overcome. I have never declared winnings ever so if that helps.
    Traditional card counting can not win at a 9% rate! Unless you're extremely adept at hiding winnings, just enjoy your vacation!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Traditional card counting can not win at a 9% rate! Unless you're extremely adept at hiding winnings, just enjoy your vacation!

Don

Thanks Don thats what I thought but I was sure. I just wanted it confirmed by you.

Don
    *cannot

Don
    It’s only 9% of the winnings, so it’s just a haircut on the win rate. It’s like tipping. As long as you are willing to reduce your EV by 9% you should be willing to play. Am I missing something?

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by JBourne View Post
    It’s only 9% of the winnings, so it’s just a haircut on the win rate. It’s like tipping. As long as you are willing to reduce your EV by 9% you should be willing to play. Am I missing something?
    No, you are not missing something, you are correct.

Yes, I understand. And maybe, for small stakes and just fooling around, my recommendation was too harsh. But if you put the proposition to most APs if they would be all right donating 9% of their winnings at most blackjack games, I don't think you'd get a lot of takers. Current games are hard enough to beat as it is.

Don

Banned or Suspended

Don, with all due respect, you're way off on this one. Here is what APs "donate" to Uncle Sam...unless they're tax cheats...and I'd say in 99.9999999% of the cases it's >9%....and, of course, there are State "donations" too.

4.1.5_-_table_1.jpg

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/brie...tax-rates-work
    Last edited by Wave; 02-16-2020 at 09:01 AM.

It is also more complicated than the simple question appears. Is it a 9% tax on everytime you win a session or for the entire trip. Do wins and losses offset? Can the 9% tax you pay there be used as an offset against US Tax owed at a much higher rate? International tax law and offsets are REALLY complicated. Remember in US all our net winnings are taxed at a much higher rate!

Quote Originally Posted by CEO1 View Post
    Is it a 9% tax on everytime you win a session or for the entire trip. Do wins and losses offset?
    That's a really good point. If it is session based, you have to consider what happens over multiple sessions. I'm sure they are not giving you back 9% of your losses, so if you are getting taxed when you cash out that's probably going to wind up being a lot worst than 9% of net profit.

Personally, I want to avoid foreign tax rules wherever possible. I would also worry about who gets upset with you if you happen to get backed off. Just thinking back to the old days in Vegas.

And so, you're happy adding another 9% to the bill??? Who would be dumb enough to want to do that?

Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast