See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been cheated, burned or scammed by partners? What was your reaction?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Have you ever been cheated, burned or scammed by partners? What was your reaction?

What was your reaction?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    What was your reaction?
    I learned from it, told other people about it, and moved on.

Pariah, you gotta let it go. You're letting "them" win by letting it take up so much psychic energy.

I know it's tough, been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    What was your reaction?
    Nothing you can do. You trusted wrong people. Just move on.

I asked counting for fun for a loan and advice

Quote Originally Posted by Goatlife View Post
    I asked counting for fun for a loan and advice
    He probably ignored the request for a loan, has not stopped advising yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    I learned from it, told other people about it, and moved on.
    Same here.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What stops them from going to the police and getting you in jail? Then you give them more money over a tort claim?

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Eagle View Post
    I took a baseball bat to their ribs and hands...There are many ways to get your money back if you have the balls.
    ...or are a criminal.

Just because someone steals from you does not give you the right to assault and batter them. Theft is a property crime and your life or physical well being were not placed in imminent danger as a result, leaving you with zero legal justification for using physical force with a weapon, let alone physical force.

What if you had miscalculated and ended up hitting him in the head with the bat? That would have been using leathal force; you could have been charged with attempted homicide instead of A&B.

You are lucky you were not arrested. If you were, and your case went to trial and I was on your jury, I would have voted to convict you. If you were not convicted, how much more than $3K do you think your legal expenses would have been?

This was NOT an advantage play, you got lucky.
    Last edited by Wave; 02-15-2020 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    ...or are a criminal.

Just because someone steals from you does not give you the right to assault and batter them. Theft is a property crime and your life or physical well being were not placed in imminent danger as a result, leaving you with zero legal justification for using physical force with a weapon, let alone physical force.

What if you had miscalculated and ended up hitting him in the head with the bat? That would have been using leathal force; you could have been charged with attempted homicide instead of A&B.

You are lucky you were not arrested. If you were, and your case went to trial and I was on your jury, I would have voted to convict you. If you were not convicted, how much more than $3K do you think your legal expenses would have been?

This was NOT an advantage play, you got lucky.
    People, youngsters, have a need to boast, act tough, act macho. It’s unlikely any adult AP would actually lose his cool. The ones who do, go on tilt and lose.

I scammed a partner and he nailed my head to the floor. But I had transgressed and broken the unwritten law.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    People, youngsters, have a need to boast, act tough, act macho. It’s unlikely any adult AP would actually lose his cool. The ones who do, go on tilt and lose.
    So you see I was 65 when I done this and the person's was in the 40's. So age does do matter. If you have the balls and are not afraid to stand up. Your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Eagle View Post
    So you see I was 65 when I done this and the person's was in the 40's. So age does do matter. If you have the balls and are not afraid to stand up. Your call.
    Someone, once, pissed off at me, saw me in the parking garage, roared his car and came at me, I jumped away and he roared off. A couple of witnesses and I called police. There was a video too. He was arrested for “assault with a deadly weapon”, his bail was too high and his family came pleading to me asking me not to press charges. I really did not think he intended to run me over, just scare me. I told the police to drop the charges but they had the video and the fact that he talked tough with police when he was arrested, so they refused to drop the charges. The idiot, upset over a minor thing, ended up having to pay an attorney, his family begging me not to testify before he was sentenced to 6 month probation. All over his imagined that he had been embarrassed in front of people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast