Thread: Timbertom

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Timbertom

For those of you who knew Timbertom, with sadness, I announce his recent passing. He posted a bit on this site, and was more active from time to time at bj21, where he was more well known.

Timbertom was the first real AP that I met while birthing as a card counter. Over the years, we became quite friendly. We went for lunch several times a year discussing AP issues in general and some very specific AP issues as well. With our wives, we also enjoyed evenings out as a foursome. He was my good friend and I will miss him.

Philosophically, Timbertom differed from many AP’s. he was less concerned with EV, and more concerned with longevity. For the record, he has a winning career playing hi lo. He had no local expense and other than 1 back off at Southpointe in Vegas, never experienced a trespass or back off. He was also the absolute master ratholer - beyond compare. I once chastised him as he accumulated a local inventory of chips exceeding 40k, and managed to be recognized as a losing counter.

My comments are purposely brief and vague. I spoke to his widow and discussed a general announcement along this line.

Sent from my iPad

attention Al Rogers
    Can’t find your email. Would u please repost at bj21.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    attention Al Rogers
    Can’t find your email. Would u please repost at bj21.
    I am sorry to learn of this. Timbertom was a good guy. I will make the post on Green Chip.
    BJ21.com Administrator, Current Blackjack News editor. Email [email protected]

Freightman, good to know you are around. With you not posting much lately, even Dbs has disappeared. Hope you ar3 doing well.