See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 deck indices h17 ndas

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Only single deck indexes are different. Two, three, four, five, six and eight deck share the same multiple deck indexes. (There might be some slight difference among them, but the difference is so trivial that players can ignore them.)
    Ok well that would explain the lack of info on the matter if you are correct. However I’m not going to take this as gospel unless others are able to verify what you are saying. And no matter how trivial you may think they are I believe there is benefit to making certain plays that may look outlandish to some, for cover purposes I suppose. True counts on deeply delt DD games can be much more extreme than 6/8 deck shoes which is why I’m looking for the deviations so I can maximize ev by making the mathematically correct plays while potentially looking like a dumb player.

Banned or Suspended

@ Green21: You might find this article by Arnold Snyder regarding his Hi Lo Lite strategy at least interesting, if not helpful. Of particular note is his assertion that the differences between using his method and Wong's full indexes are mathematically insignificant. "The Bishop's" words are considered "gospel" by many.

"The differences between Wong’s system and the simplified version are not mathematically significant." --Arnold Snyder

http://blackjackforumonline.com/content/hilolite.htm
    Last edited by Wave; 01-28-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green21 View Post
    Ok, I have cvcx and do not have cvdata... I assume cvcx cannot generate the deviations I’m looking for. Are they not published anywhere? I’d think some of them are worth knowing for a deeply cut DD. And I agree that while some of them can draw unwanted attention (splitting tens is the obvious example), I believe a lot of them can help you look like a ploppy (hitting hard 12v5 or 6 for example).
    These indices are all in BJA3, p. 213.

Don

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    Thanks Don, is it fair to say that knowing any more than those is mathematically insignificant?

And Wave thank you for the article link.

Thanks Don, is it fair to say that knowing any more than those is mathematically insignificant?
    No, it isn't. But the I18 will provide about 85%-90% of the total gain available from using all indices. Feel free to learn more, but there will surely be diminishing returns, especially from the negative ones, which are used when mimimum bets are out.

Don

No, it isn't. But the I18 will provide about 85%-90% of the total gain available from using all indices. Feel free to learn more, but there will surely be diminishing returns, especially from the negative ones, which are used when mimimum bets are out.

Don
    Diminishing returns aside, I would like to learn more. Which brings me back to my OP, where can I find a more complete list of indices? Must I generate my own through cvdata? Thanks in advance.

he already answered that question

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    That’s only the i18 there big guy, do you not understand I’m looking for more?

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Key words in my post “more complete list”

Key words in my post “more complete list”
    Then you're going to have to generate those numbers yourself. There is no online source for them, and you won't find them in any book.

Don

Then you're going to have to generate those numbers yourself. There is no online source for them, and you won't find them in any book.

Don
    Ok thanks man I appreciate it. You’ve been very helpful and have answered exactly what I’m looking for.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The fact that they've never been published anywhere and DD games are fairly popular in the west probably alludes to the insignificance of the differences between DD and shoe game.

Don
    Don - have your index values changed since the 1997 version? For example, I've seen the 12v2 deviation set at +3 in some online sources, whereas in your book it's set at +4.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast