Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
Thanks for the extra skinny...but if you are confident you are playing a +EV game, are you really throwing good money after bad? I had a brutal beat down in August, but have now dug out of that hole and am back on track. I used it as an opportunity to reevaluate my game and made a few changes that will help me in the long run.

"We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success. We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never made a mistake never made a discovery." --Samuel Smiles, The Lives Of George And Robert Stephenson.

What do you think about this? I went in to pick up my weekly comp tonight at the place I'm milking and was the only person in the HL room. As soon as one of the managers came in to approve my comp, 3 suits I've never seen before came in and stood right next to my table and watched me play. I played a couple more hands and colored up. It was the first shoe I played and it was neutral, so they never saw me raise my bet or make a deviation, but I was ahead a little so I thought it was a good time to leave...which is pretty common for me at this particular location. On the way out, one of them said "Good night 'Wave', thanks for coming in tonight." I have not yet received my February comps...think they were sending me a message? I'm probably not going to go back there for 6-7 months unless I get some more comps...and when I do go back it will be on a different shift either way and will play unrated if there are no comps to pick up.
Sorry I didn't get to respond earlier, but everything is different in High Limit. There's only a few people in surveillance so they are going to watch where the big money is going. Somebody betting, say $500 (or more) a hand is going to be closely watched. Hell, even if one wasn't counting and was betting like that, they (or the results) would be watched closely. The pit is always monitoring black and purple, so even a ploppy whale could put a short term hurt on. But it probably isn't a bad idea to lay low there for awhile.

You are probably right re: the comment re: throwing good money after bad. I just needed a little time off to mend mentally. Unlike some, I DO feel bad sessions.