See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handling heat....

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDownSoft21 View Post
    Having dealt
    Just curious, nothing malicious intended. If you feel comfortable answering...how long did you deal? Why did you stop? Is your max bet below $150-$200 a hand? Do you AP FT or PT?
    Last edited by Wave; 01-27-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Just curious, nothing malicious intended...how long did you deal? Why did you stop? Do you AP FT or PT?
    Close to a year. My wife and I had relocated for her new job and shortly thereafter, she had some major health issues. I already had benefits thru her but wasn't going to be able to work a conventional 8 to 5 job as I had to do a lot of caretaking for her. I certainly knew the game and I had no problem getting "irregular hours" (aka swing shift). And with this I had to cut back quite a bit on my play. I obviously couldn't play where I dealt, but sports betting is the bulk of my AP play.

I remember one instance where I had been dealing for maybe only 6 weeks but I was quite confident. I come back from break and before I get to my table, a female pit person stops me and whispers "the guy at 1B is betting several blacks per hand". I look at her like, yeah, so? I dealt to a guy betting $500/hand on my first day. I asked her if she thought he was an AP. "Oh, I have no idea of that". I was like, OK she has no idea what to look for. A month or two after that, she was counting my rack during a hand and a player asked me what the book said for his 2 twos against my upcard of 2. I told the player the book was to split (we did have double down after split) and the floorwoman interrupts me "oh no, you don't want to split 2s." I didn't argue with her. When she left I did tell the player, yes, she was wrong and splitting the 2s WAS the right move. The moral of the story is most of the floor is clueless re: advantage play. And the majority of dealers are as clueless on basic strategy as the ploppies.
    Last edited by DoubleDownSoft21; 01-27-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDownSoft21 View Post
    Close to a year. My wife and I had relocated for her new job and shortly thereafter, she had some major health issues. I already had benefits thru her but wasn't going to be able to work a conventional 8 to 5 job as I had to do a lot of caretaking for her. I certainly knew the game and I had no problem getting "irregular hours" (aka swing shift). And with this I had to cut back quite a bit on my play. I obviously couldn't play where I dealt, but sports betting is the bulk of my AP play.

I remember one instance where I had been dealing for maybe only 6 weeks but I was quite confident. I come back from break and before I get to my table, a female pit person stops me and whispers "the guy at 1B is betting several blacks per hand". I look at her like, yeah, so? I dealt to a guy betting $500/hand on my first day. I asked her if she thought he was an AP. "Oh, I have no idea of that". I was like, OK she has no idea what to look for. A month or two after that, she was counting my rack during a hand and a player asked me what the book said for his 2 twos against my upcard of 2. I told the player the book was to split (we did have double down after split) and the floorwoman interrupts me "oh no, you don't want to split 2s." I didn't argue with her. When she left I did tell the player, yes, she was wrong and splitting the 2s WAS the right move. The moral of the story is most of the floor is clueless re: advantage play. And the majority of dealers are as clueless on basic strategy as the ploppies.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatlife View Post
    Never started with them the first time, second time went broke and struggled with addiction and mental issues and still fighting threw al that while I play a winning game . Yea who cares I get at least 5 million when they die. I don’t care if u like it or not those are just facts.
    Your parents should not wait until they die to distribute some of their wealth. If they have a large estate they will be hit with an estate tax, I think it kicks in at a little over 5 million, but each parent can give something like $15,000 per year without even reporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Was this really necessary?
    When he always brings up my name for no reason I will respond...btw why are you responding?

Never started with them the first time, second time went broke and struggled with addiction and mental issues and still fighting threw al that while I play a winning game . Yea who cares I get at least 5 million when they die. I don’t care if u like it or not those are just facts.
    Who said I cared? You are the one that brought my name into this thread.
    Ok so not the first but every other time lol. That 5 million won't even last you very long, sad thing is you know it.
    Last edited by Counting_Is_Fun; 01-27-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Ok watrv you think counting is fun. I’m just fun a ignore , ur a horrible internet troll.

Ok watrv you think counting is fun. I’m just fun a ignore , ur a horrible internet troll.
    Why because you brought my name into this thread? Get some help bro
    Last edited by Counting_Is_Fun; 01-28-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Who said I cared? You are the one that brought my name into this thread.
    Ok so not the first but every other time lol. That 5 million won't even last you very long, sad thing is you know it.
    There again, claiming you know yet another forum member!

“When he always brings up my name for no reason I will respond...btw why are you responding?”

You claim you know me so why are you asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Your parents should not wait until they die to distribute some of their wealth. If they have a large estate they will be hit with an estate tax, I think it kicks in at a little over 5 million, but each parent can give something like $15,000 per year without even reporting it.
    Are you speaking as an expert in dead people or rich people?

The current estate tax exclusion is $11.4 million.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Are you speaking as an expert in dead people or rich people?

The current estate tax exclusion is $11.4 million.
    Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

Acting paranoid creates more heat.

If you are playing for higher stakes, especially with black chips, but also with green chips sooner or later you are going to get barred, trespassed or flat-betted period. Sorry....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast