See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Session Bankroll Question

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeplisskin View Post
    +1
    Please, Wave, loose (sic) the pictures, or at least get some new material.
    Lol! Kiss of death...now that I know it annoys people I will use it exclusively...LMFAO!!!

Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    Lol! Kiss of death...now that I know it annoys people I will use it exclusively...LMFAO!!!

Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg
    This statement says a lot about you, your personality that enjoys annoying people is one.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Personally I think he's cool. We need people like him to lighten up the crowd on most forums as most ppl are TIGHTER then a pre-teen virgin girl. If you're insulted by Wave, you need to learn to roll with the punches in life a little so you won't live such a sad, serious, & depressed life. Words of advise. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    Personally I think he's cool. We need people like him to lighten up the crowd on most forums as most ppl are TIGHTER then a pre-teen virgin girl. If you're insulted by Wave, you need to learn to roll with the punches in life a little so you won't live such a sad, serious, & depressed life. Words of advise. You're welcome.
    Now you tell me!

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    BHM gets it!

*advice
    Last edited by Wave; 01-26-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    This statement says a lot about you, your personality that enjoys annoying people is one.
    Lighten Up Zeebabar.jpg

I do not see how to msg/email you here still !!!
    You need to be a paid subscriber to use private messaging here.
    Last edited by Gronbog; 01-26-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    You need to be a paid subscriber to use private messing here.
    Kind of like using private rooms at strip clubs, huh....”private messing”?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Kind of like using private rooms at strip clubs, huh....”private messing”?
    SMH.... terrible. Being able to send a private msg requires PAID MEMBERSHIP?? what a joke. no wonder why I'm a more active member of BJT

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    You went to the right place, but you asked to be a friend, which, normally, I don't accept. You needed to simply send a message (email) by putting in DSchles in the "To" box.

In any event, maybe an example will help you to understand some fundamental concepts.

Suppose you flat bet $5 a hand for 100 hands. What is the overall s.d. for that? Well, the one-hand s.d. is 1.15 x $5, which is $5.75. Since overall s.d. is a square root function, the total s.d. for 100 hands is $5.75 x 100^0.5 = $5.75 x 10 = $57.50. Simple and straightforward, right?

So, now, let's consider someone who bets $1 a hand for 50 hands and $9 a hand for another 50 hands. Clearly, that person has an average bet of the same $5 as above, and so you might be tempted to use that value and conclude that the overall s.d. for the 100 hands is the identical $57.50 as above, but you would be very wrong to do so!

As I mentioned in my previous post, if bet sizes are different (makes no difference if you are spreading as a card counter, playing progression, or whatever), you cannot use the average bet size to calculate s.d. Instead, you need to use a somewhat more complicated process that involves: using the variance (the square of s.d.), multiplying by the square of the bet size, multiplying by the frequency of that particular bet, summing all the horizontal lines vertically, and, finally, taking the square root of that sum.

Wow! All that, huh? Yup. and there are no shortcuts; that's the way to do it. Period. So, instead of getting the $57.50 that you thought might be the s.d. for the second example, what is the correct answer? Well, let's follow my instructions above:

Variance is 1.3225. First bet squared is 1. Second bet squared is 81. Frequency of each bet is 50 (hands). So, ...

[(1.3225 x 1 x 50) + (1.3225 x 81 x 50)]^0.5 = (66.125 + 5,356.125)^0.5 = 5,422.255^0.5 = 73.64. Oh!! So, $73.64 instead of $57.50, despite the same average bet of $5 each time.

Clear?

Don
    Anyway what would be the RoR on $9/hand for 50 hands and $1/hand for 50 hands? with say a $200 bankroll?

Anyway what would be the RoR on $9/hand for 50 hands and $1/hand for 50 hands? with say a $200 bankroll?
    What's the disadvantage? I thought you said you had used the calculator. If player edge is, say, -0.5%, then ROR is certain if you play long enough (100%). You need to specify a number of hands to be played, as well. I don't mind answering your questions -- even though you can do it yourself -- but you have to be more precise when you ask.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    What's the disadvantage? I thought you said you had used the calculator. If player edge is, say, -0.5%, then ROR is certain if you play long enough (100%). You need to specify a number of hands to be played, as well. I don't mind answering your questions -- even though you can do it yourself -- but you have to be more precise when you ask.

Don
    Don,

I had already specified clearly on my last message that it's 50 hands each. Don't know how much clearer I can get when 50 + 50 is 100 total hands. HA would be -0.5%, and I said I had problems using the QFIT calculator....

Don,

I had already specified clearly on my last message that it's 50 hands each. Don't know how much clearer I can get when 50 + 50 is 100 total hands. HA would be -0.5%, and I said I had problems using the QFIT calculator....
    ROR = 0.724%. And a suggestion for the future: the last thing you want to do is cop an attitude with me.

Don

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast