See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Session Bankroll Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    ROR = 0.724%. And a suggestion for the future: the last thing you want to do is cop an attitude with me.

Don
    ???

What are you talking about? Are you upset at yourself since you misread what I clearly wrote in my previous message? How is that my fault and why would you imply I'm copping an attitude when, again, I merely pointed out to you how you missed what I had already wrote as clear as day?!

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    ???

What are you talking about? Are you upset at yourself since you misread what I clearly wrote in my previous message? How is that my fault and why would you imply I'm copping an attitude when, again, I merely pointed out to you how you missed what I had already wrote as clear as day?!
    Copping an attitude is when you wrote “don’t know how much clearer I can get”. That was not necessary! You did not “merely” pointed it out. You could have stated it differently, like “Don, perhaps you missed it, I....”

There are some on the forum you can banter with, take your hostilities out on and more and then there are some, Don S or Norm or other math folks you must respect.

Actually, it would be ideal if whom we respected was not based on expertise, skill, credibility, wisdom, wealth, intelligence, experience, looks, age, etc.

In other words, respect everyone, especially those who disrespect you. (This is what separates the men from the boys.). That does not mean, however, that we are to be anyone's 'doormat' or that we must agree with everyone.

(And by the way, for what it's worth, I do not at all believe that "respect has to be earned." OK, maybe one earning the respect of others in terms of her/his professional expertise has to be earned, but as far as respecting each other as people, let's respect everyone.).

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    Actually, it would be ideal if whom we respected was not based on expertise, skill, credibility, wisdom, wealth, intelligence, experience, looks, age, etc.

In other words, respect everyone, especially those who disrespect you. (This is what separates the men from the boys.). That does not mean, however, that we are to be anyone's 'doormat' or that we must agree with everyone.

(And by the way, for what it's worth, I do not at all believe that "respect has to be earned." OK, maybe one earning the respect of others in terms of her/his professional expertise has to be earned, but as far as respecting each other as people, let's respect everyone.).
    All of the above does not explain your original post to Don. You could have shown respect by wording your post differently.

Hi Zee,

Are you confusing me with BughouseMASTER? I can't find my "original post to Don, " or did you mean "All of the above does not explain to Don your original post?" Which post could I have worded differently?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    Hi Zee,

Are you confusing me with BughouseMASTER? I can't find my "original post to Don, " or did you mean "All of the above does not explain to Don your original post?" Which post could I have worded differently?
    Sorry, I don’t think BughouseMASTER’s post was respectful.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Oh, Ok, that's Ok - thanks for responding.

Just used the calculator (was surprised to see that it now accepts negative numbers for win rate. Didn't used to.). I love it when a plan comes together! So, as almost predicted perfectly, the ROR for $2,500 is 31.1%. And, if you bring $4,000 instead, as I suggested, it drops to 10%.

Write back with more questions, if you have any.

Don
    Hey Don,

If the ROR for one player playing a positive progression that averages out to ~$75 (50-75-100-125 max bet) is 31.1%, but instead of just that one person, 2 players are playing now with, say, that same $2500 bankroll with the 1st player still playing that prog and the other person playing a $25 prog ($25-37.5-50-62.50), could you tell me the ROR now that there is another person playing (but half as much as the 1st player) with $2500 TOTAL between the 2 of them? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    Hey Don,

If the ROR for one player playing a positive progression that averages out to ~$75 (50-75-100-125 max bet) is 31.1%, but instead of just that one person, 2 players are playing now with, say, that same $2500 bankroll with the 1st player still playing that prog and the other person playing a $25 prog ($25-37.5-50-62.50), could you tell me the ROR now that there is another person playing (but half as much as the 1st player) with $2500 TOTAL between the 2 of them? Thank you!
    I guess Don has nothing better to do these days...

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sorry, I never saw the original question, but I have no idea. Much more easily simulated than calculated analytically. Any ultimate ROR is nothing more than a function of e.v. and variance. When you mention a "positive progression," you leave me wondering if we're even talking about card counters. If not, then don't know where 31.1% ROR is coming from, as, if there's no edge, ROR is 100%.

You also don't mention if they're playing separately or together, which also matters.

So, way too many unstated variables to be able to calculate.

Don

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Just used the calculator (was surprised to see that it now accepts negative numbers for win rate. Didn't used to.). I love it when a plan comes together! So, as almost predicted perfectly, the ROR for $2,500 is 31.1%. And, if you bring $4,000 instead, as I suggested, it drops to 10%.

Write back with more questions, if you have any.

Don
    Don,

The 31% RoR is from what you actually said in this post yourself, back on page 2 of this thread... yes, the 2 players would be playing together, only diff is the 2nd player is playing exactly HALF the progression that player 1 is (25-37.50-50-62.5).

If you're still confused, Don, simply read the 1st post on this thread. I'm surprised how you forgot the exact value of 31%? that you yourself stated on an earlier thread...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast