Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Session Bankroll Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Don,

What are the odds of tapping out (within 5% accuracy) if he brought

a) $1500
    b) $2000
    c) $2500

You only did the $2500, but forgot about a & b.

Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    Don,

What are the odds of tapping out (within 5% accuracy) if he brought

a) $1500
    b) $2000
    c) $2500

You only did the $2500, but forgot about a & b.
    I didn't really "forget." I just knew the numbers were so big that no one would probably care. In any event: a) 54.8%; b) 42.0%.

Don

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    You don't seem to understand that it has just become annoying.

Don
    me.jpg

Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Ironically, usually it's stupid people that spell "lose" as "loose."*

*I'm not saying you're stupid. Just stupid people in general F this easy one up.
    Everyone makes mistakes, good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    I didn't really "forget." I just knew the numbers were so big that no one would probably care. In any event: a) 54.8%; b) 42.0%.

Don
    Well I'm sure the OP and his friend would've definitely cared... so you mean to tell me that playing merely the 50-75-100-125 positive progression with only a $1500 bank one would bankrupt over half the time within only 4 hrs of play??? That seems crazy, especially since I've seen ppl bringing SIGNIFICANTLY less than that amount to play with (like $500 and playing $50+)

I actually play this level myself, and I have never once brought more than $3k with me to the table and before even played with wife and we each only had $1500 and playing 100-250! Here's the kicker: We usually won and hardly ever went bankrupt, yet we were playing double this level! So would you say we were just incredibly lucky that we started winning right away upon sitting down since we rarely ever ran out of chips? And no, we aren't counters but play flawless BS and employ offensive/defensive hand interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by BughouseMASTER View Post
    Well I'm sure the OP and his friend would've definitely cared... so you mean to tell me that playing merely the 50-75-100-125 positive progression with only a $1500 bank one would bankrupt over half the time within only 4 hrs of play??? That seems crazy, especially since I've seen ppl bringing SIGNIFICANTLY less than that amount to play with (like $500 and playing $50+)

I actually play this level myself, and I have never once brought more than $3k with me to the table and before even played with wife and we each only had $1500 and playing 100-250! Here's the kicker: We usually won and hardly ever went bankrupt, yet we were playing double this level! So would you say we were just incredibly lucky that we started winning right away upon sitting down since we rarely ever ran out of chips? And no, we aren't counters but play flawless BS and employ offensive/defensive hand interaction.
    Yes, you were incredibly lucky. The ROR numbers don't surprise me at all. Betting $125 a hand, with splits and doubles, you can have as many as eight bets ($1,000) on the table on a single hand!! And, of course, you can lose them all. Betting $250 a hand and bringing only $3,000, thinking it will always last, is really not very realistic or prudent at all.

Don

Thanks for your info, Don.

Is there anyway to send you a private msg? I have tried adding you as a contact, but not sure how to message you privately or if this site even supports that. If you know how to send me a msg please do so. Thanks.

Hello BughouseMASTER,

What does it mean to "employ offensive/defensive hand interaction?"

Offensive Hand Interaction: Offer to take adv of proper BS doubles by players who appear timid to do it (like 11 vs 10 or 10 vs 9) & even 11 vs A in a H17 table.

Defensive Hand Interaction: Offer to GET RID OF poor splits like 77 v 2/3 or 66 v 2/3. Yes, BS says the correct move is to split those, but if you have the option to give them away then you'd be better off!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    So, let me get this straight. OP has a right to LOSE money without your scorn...but I don't have a right to WIN less money when I occasionally play for lower EV without your scorn?
    Yes, OP (or his friend) has the right to do whatever he wants with his money.

If you said something stupid, I may have refuted it. Otherwise, I don't care what happens to your BR.

Thanks BughouseMaster,

And how do you "give away" poor splits? Surrender?

Thanks Don. Yes I owned BJA3 from a decade ago. I've lost interest in blackjack so I'm unsure where that book went.

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    Thanks BughouseMaster,

And how do you "give away" poor splits? Surrender?
    The same way you would try to take advantage of a BS proper double that they just wanna hit on!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast