See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 200 Inch Snow Fall Club

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

200 Inch Snow Fall Club

First location in the U.P. is reporting 200 inches of snow. Others will probably join in the next couple of days.

I agree with Yooper Steve. Snowstorm Jacob probably dumped the most snow for the winter on the U.P. We were lucky that there wasn't high winds with it, but even after the storm was over lake effect came piling in behind it.

Now an average winter is only about 200 inches for the whole winter and this winter is only half over. We only have to break the 390 inch mark to set a new U.P. snow record.

Here is what Yooper Steve has to say. Read the article under Jan 18th.
    http://www.funintheup.com/snowfall/u...owfall-totals/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    No need for a new thread for this. Please just use one of your existing snow threads for this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Gronbog; 01-20-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    No need for a new thread for this. Please just use one of your existing snow threads for this kind of stuff.
    I suggested that last week in one of his many snow threads. He likes to be annoying.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I haven't posted a snow report in almost a week. I surely don't want 21forme to have withdrawal symptoms from lack of snow reports.

Anyway, another U.P. location joined the 200 inch club. Top location now has over 213 inches of snow for the year. Over the past couple of days just wet heavy snow from a slow moving storm. I did get an end loader to make room for more snow so hopefully won't have to do it again. I shoveled again today and almost slipped twice. Very wet slippery snow.

Mark your calendars for Feb 5th & 6th. Its MTU's winter carnival and snow statue building festival. One can't find a room anywhere within 50 miles on winter carnival weekend. However, just for 21forme I'm attaching this web cam to show a snow statue building taking place in the upper right hand of this video.
    https://www.mtu.edu/webcams/mid-campus/