Thread: 6:5 single deck with great rules; house advantage?? Playable??

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

6:5 single deck with great rules; house advantage?? Playable??

Hello,

I know 6:5 blackjack is a terrible game, but just curious if all the great rules make this a playable game?

• Single deck
    • Double down on any first two cards
    • Double down after splits, except Aces
    • Split any pairs up to four times, except Aces
    • Take unlimited hits when splitting Aces
    • Surrender half your bet, original two cards only, after dealer checks for blackjack
    • Blackjack pays 6 to 5
    • Even money for insurance not allowed

Using REKO with full single deck indices. Spread around 1-8. No positive on penetration. Just assume 75%...

Thanks in advance... I know I need to buy CV Sim, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Still a shit game despite all the add-on rules. 6:5 trumps all. you can find exact house edge at wizardofodds.com. There's a blackjack rule calculator there somewhere on the site.

Thanks, I did't realize wizardofodds.com had such a great calculator. The 6:5 really kills it. I couldn't find if the game was S17 or H17, so I'm assuming it was H17. With 3:2 rules the game is +0.13 EV, with 6:5 it sinks to -1.26%. So the 6:5 is about -1.4 by itself. Not playable at all for me...

Some 6:5 games can be beaten with card counting, barely. There are very good reasons to play 6:5 games if you have skills beyond card counting. These games offer little heat and an excellent EV relative to count games.

Here is a post on 6;5 single deck. You need to good pen and a larger spread.

https://www.blackjackinfo.com/commun...9/#post-252309

At 75% pen, this is a great (monster) game. Run a CVData sim and you will see.

The problem is finding that kind of pen on a SD game.

Quote Originally Posted by AgileMike View Post
    Thanks, I did't realize wizardofodds.com had such a great calculator. The 6:5 really kills it. I couldn't find if the game was S17 or H17, so I'm assuming it was H17. With 3:2 rules the game is +0.13 EV, with 6:5 it sinks to -1.26%. So the 6:5 is about -1.4 by itself. Not playable at all for me...
    Norm also has a great calculator right here...or buy cvcx.