See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: HiLo + 7m9c Sim Results

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    More than halfway. 78 down, 72 to go. So terribly sad. Verbal masturbation. Now we're getting posts about how, under certain circumstances, the bjanalyst drek counts SURPASS Tarzan under certain circumstances!! What an utter farce. How utterly insane.

But the nonsense will continue, and we'll have another 150-post thread full of sound and fury, signifying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING whatsoever.

Estimated time for bjanalyst obsessive-compulsive, impossible-to-keep-mouth-shut response: one hour. And it will contain five things he's said before ten times each. And then five people will feed into that, respond, and we'll have 84 posts. Sigh.

Don

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    full of sound and fury, signifying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
    When Don starts quoting Shakespeare, we know he's serious.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Estimated time for bjanalyst obsessive-compulsive, impossible-to-keep-mouth-shut response: one hour. And it will contain five things he's said before ten times each. And then five people will feed into that, respond, and we'll have 84 posts. Sigh.

Don
    me.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Wrong!!! Indices affects SCORE and N0. Some indices decrease N0 and therefore increase SCORE, like splitting 10,10 vs 5 and 6. Some indices decrease SCORE and increase N0. Split indices like splitting 7,7 vs 8 would decrease SCORE and increase N0.
    I never said CC should replace sims. I said CC is a tool in your toolbox to be used with sims.

I also never said indices were not important and would not affect the SCORE.

I said the CC method to determine relative strength just uses CC and not indices - sims use indices.

Please no more posts about this as I explained it at least a half dozen times and Don is getting angry at the number of posts. The numbers of posts is large because readers do not read the previous posts carefully enough, misquote me and ask the same question over and over again and because I was misquoted I have to reply to set the record straight.

By the way what is N0?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bjanalyst View Post
    <snip>By the way what is N0?
    bjanalyst,

N0 is the number of rounds required so that the total EV is equal to the total SD. Statistically, for a +EV game, at N0 the probability that the player is ahead is approximately 5/6.

Here's an example: if the EV per round is +2% and the SD per round is 4, then the total EV at N0 is N0*EV, while the total SD is (N0)^(0.5)*SD. Equating these two and solving for N0 gives:

N0 = (SD/EV)^2 = (4/0.02)^2 = 40,000

So for this game, after 40,000 rounds the player has a 5/6 chance of being ahead.

The N0 concept is attributed to the great Brett Harris.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

I never said CC should replace sims. I said CC is a tool in your toolbox to be used with sims.

I also never said indices were not important and would not affect the SCORE.

I said the CC method to determine relative strength just uses CC and not indices - sims use indices.

By the way what is N0?
    You didn't say indices were not important but you did say

"The decrease in SCORE had nothing to do with the indices " in post 78. So stop the lying.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    bjanalyst,

N0 is the number of rounds required so that the total EV is equal to the total SD. Statistically, for a +EV game, at N0 the probability that the player is ahead is approximately 5/6.

The N0 concept is attributed to the great Brett Harris.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
    Thank you very much for your excellent explanation of N0.

I never heard of it before. It is good to know.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You didn't say indices were not important but you did say

"The decrease in SCORE had nothing to do with the indices " in post 78. So stop the lying.
    You are taking my quote out of contents.

When I said that the decrease in the SCORE had nothing to do with indices, I was referring to the HL w 7m9c indices and how Gronbog's initial sim run resulted in a decrease in the SCORE. Our original thought was to check the indices as maybe I calculated them incorrectly. So Gronbog calculated his own indices for the top 6 and he found out that my LSL generated indices and his indices agreed. So the decrease in the SCORE in this case had to be something other than the indices. Upon further investigation Gronbog found the problem was in his coding of hard 14 v T surrender and standing decisions. That bug is what caused the SCORE to decrease. So for THIS PARTICULAR situation I was referring to the decrease in the SCORE had nothing to do with the indices that were chosen but with a bug in his sim program. That is what I was referring to. Very disingenuous of you to take my statement out of context and then make it look like I am an idiot and I do not know what I am talking about.

Of course the SCORE is calculated with sims which use indices and if Risk Adjusted indices are used, for example, the SCORE increases. But that was not what I was talking about in the above quote you cited.

At any rate, please no more about CC comparisons. You are doing this on purpose to make me look bad, discredit me and make me look like an idiot. Then you increase the number of posts, Don gets mad and then uses this as an excuse to discredit me. I fell like it is a coup against me.

Also please REPLY from below not to this post but to my post I put up on the Tarzan count vs KO w AA89mTc and 5m7c.

I noticed that no one replied to my last Tarzan post a few days ago about the Tarzan count. I listed the counts you mentioned that beat HO2 w ASC supposedly those counts being easier than KO with 5m7c and AA89mTc. And I showed YOUR post was misleading because you were either using the Gordon count with multiple single card side counts or more complicated primary counts being level 2 or level 3 counts with ASC as compared to my primacy level one KO count.

If you refer to that post you will see that you totally overlooked Gronbog's sims on the very best Tarzan post and my KO with AA89mTc that I posted. If you look closely you will see that KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc beat the very best Tarzan count for back counted scenarios, the Tarzan count being the very best blackjack count that you have. And if 45m79c were used in place of 5m7c the increase over the Tarzan count would be even greater.

So you have a three component count, KO, AA89mTc and 5m7c beating the very best count you have, the 4 levels of components complicated Tarzan count, and no one had a word to say about the Tarzan count being complicated but my system has constantly been criticized as being complicated.

And as I said, if you simply substitute 45m79c for 5m7c so you are using KO w 45m79c and AA89mTc then you still have three levels of complexity, with the two side counts being easy to keep using chips, beating the complicated 4 level very best Tarzan count you have by an even greater degree than KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc did.
    Last edited by bjanalyst; 01-21-2020 at 10:30 AM.

You are taking my quote out of contents.

When I said that the decrease in the SCORE had nothing to do with indices, I was referring to the HL w 7m9c indices and how Gronbog's initial sim run resulted in a decrease in the SCORE. Our original thought was to check the indices as maybe I calculated them incorrectly. So Gronbog calculated his own indices for the top 6 and he found out that my LSL generated indices and his indices agreed. So the decrease in the SCORE in this case had to be something other than the indices. Upon further investigation Gronbog found the problem was in his coding of hard 14 v T surrender and standing decisions. That bug is what caused the SCORE to decrease. So for THIS PARTICULAR situation I was referring to the decrease in the SCORE had nothing to do with the indices that were chosen but with a bug in his sim program. That is what I was referring to. Very disingenuous of you to take my statement out of context and then make it look like I am an idiot and I do not know what I am talking about.
    No, I am not taking your quote out of content. You mean the decrease in SCORE had nothing to do with the indices in general not only referring to the HL w 7m9c. You think that indices don't decrease score than try eliminating one of the most important index from you card counting system and see if the SCORE drops.
    Of course the SCORE is calculated with sims which use indices and if Risk Adjusted indices are used, for example, the SCORE increases. But that was not what I was talking about in the above quote you cited.

At any rate, please no more about CC comparisons. You are doing this on purpose to make me look bad, discredit me and make me look like an idiot. Then you increase the number of posts, Don gets mad and then uses this as an excuse to discredit me. I fell like it is a coup against me.

Also please REPLY from below not to this post but to my post I put up on the Tarzan count vs KO w AA89mTc and 5m7c.

You are getting Don mad not me.
    I noticed that no one replied to my last Tarzan post a few days ago about the Tarzan count. I listed the counts you mentioned that beat HO2 w ASC supposedly those counts being easier than KO with 5m7c and AA89mTc. And I showed YOUR post was misleading because you were either using the Gordon count with multiple single card side counts or more complicated primary counts being level 2 or level 3 counts with ASC as compared to my primacy level one KO count.
    I just did.
    If you refer to that post you will see that you totally overlooked Gronbog's sims on the very best Tarzan post and my KO with AA89mTc that I posted. If you look closely you will see that KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc beat the very best Tarzan count for back counted scenarios, the Tarzan count being the very best blackjack count that you have. And if 45m79c were used in place of 5m7c the increase over the Tarzan count would be even greater.

So you have a three component count, KO, AA89mTc and 5m7c beating the very best count you have, the 4 levels of components complicated Tarzan count, and no one had a word to say about the Tarzan count being complicated but my system has constantly been criticized as being complicated.
    Firstly, Tarzan Count beats KO with AA89mTc in play all situations. Secondly, Tarzan Count is a column count not a primary count with secondary count of three components. There is a difference.

And as I said, if you simply substitute 45m79c for 5m7c so you are using KO w 45m79c and AA89mTc then you still have three levels of complexity, with the two side counts being easy to keep using chips, beating the complicated 4 level very best Tarzan count you have by an even greater degree than KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc did.

Yes, but what if Hi-OPT II and Tarzan count add or substitute their counts than they going to beat your KO with AA89mT.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-21-2020 at 09:31 PM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You are getting Don mad not me.

P
    lease stop making these posts about CC comparisons and what you thought I said about SCORE and indices. That issue is dead.

YOU are adding these nonsense posts that I have to reply to when you misquote me which leads to more threads and then Don gets pissed off so please stop it.

Your comment about adding HO2 witih Tarzan is crazy complicated.

Please
    reply to my Tarzan post about Tarzan vs KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc not this post.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

P
    lease stop making these posts about CC comparisons and what you thought I said about SCORE and indices. That issue is dead.

YOU are adding these nonsense posts that I have to reply to when you misquote me which leads to more threads and then Don gets pissed off so please stop it.

Your comment about adding HO2 witih Tarzan is crazy complicated.

Please
    reply to my Tarzan post about Tarzan vs KO w 5m7c and AA89mTc not this post.
    See this is where you have a problem. READ MY LIPS: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REPLY!! You can simply read the post and keep your hands off the keyboard and do nothing. But you are physically and mentally incapable of doing that. You are obsessed with being the last one to speak, and with having the last word. LEARN TO LET IT GO. Let someone write something and then DO NOTHING. The problem is, you can't. You are obsessed. In this thread, you have already written at least four times how Gronbog misinterpreted a 14 vs. 10 index. Why did I have to read that FOUR TIMES? Why wasn't once enough? Answer: Because you have diarrhea of the keyboard. You can't just sit and do nothing, and so this thread, now at 89, will quickly go to the 150 I predicted, where 140 of the posts will be pure, unadulterated DRIVEL.

Don

Ain’t nobody else that can put it like that!!

Thank you very much for your excellent explanation of N0.

I never heard of it before. It is good to know.
    How is it possible that such a bjanalyst has never heard of the term N0 regarding blackjack? I don't understand...is this "expert" doing all his work, yet he has never even read one of the dozens of books written about blackjack?
    This guy is tying to sell his blackjack books...but he doesn't understand the concept of N0? ...I'm out.
    Last edited by Counting_Is_Fun; 01-23-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast