See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please post hours played and earnings

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Please post hours played and earnings

I just want to witness some successful card counters here. I have already told you of my unfortunate start to my career. I am 600+ hours in and I am down now $700 from when I first started.

I would actually be slightly up, but, at the end of the year, I did a few large bets...(2) hands of $300....(2) hands of 200 on some really high counts...and I lost them all...so really I would be up maybe $300, but that is still pathetic. I just bet big at the end of the year a few times out of frustration to the slow year I had. Moving on...enough about me...I would like to hear some success stories!! I am still fascinated with this game and the fact that we can (ultimately) play at an advantage. I do have a goal of getting to 4,000 hours of total play in my career.

So, how many hours have you played? What was your starting bankroll (money willing to lose, worst case scenerio)? What is your bet spread?

Thanks!

Before we go there, can you post the details of the game you are playing and your betting strategy? How would you rate your skills?

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Are you playing all hands only? Do you ever back count? Do you ever front count and Wong out using ODPs? Look at the data below, it is a comparison of how Wonging out at different points in a 6 deck shoe using ODPs can improve your results.

If you are not Wonging, maybe you should consider adding it to your game.

Screenshot_20200107-154622_Gallery.jpg

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Go back and look at the end of Dec of beginning of Jan of each year. I usually start a poll called Tally Up Time. I've been doing this for years but participation has dropped way off.

Here is one from 2014.
    https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...sults-for-2014

If you want to see how much a professional player makes go to Blackjackinfo and look up KJ at end of year time. He has been willing to share his results from his humble beginnings to presently hitting the six figure mark.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 01-07-2020 at 02:22 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you played 600 hours, lost $700, maybe there are issues with your bet spread, bet ramp and more. You need to share this.

As for your questions, me, a recreational card counter, playing $10-$15 minimum 6 deck games, $25 Minimum DD games and between 225 and 300 hours each year have made a low of $400 (2020) and a high of $38,000, the other 5 years between $8-13000 a year.

Sorry fellas, I am not trying to make this about me...just giving a brief intro. I play perfect card counting, perfect basic strategy with utilizing at least the first 8 items of illustrious 18 deviation. Bet spread $5 to $50...but that is not the point. I seriously just want to see success stories here. What has happened has happened. I am looking forward only. If I play $10 tables, I wong out..but when I am able to get on $5 table, I can't get up or I lose the table...so I will go to bathroom break if it is negative 2 true count....but, if it is negative 1 or better, then I stay at the $5 table.

I can tell you that where I have lost my money was in the high counts, on big bets. That is where my losses come from. The house has beat the odds in the high counts. I have not been close to 50/50 dealer blackjacks vs. my blackjacks in the high counts.

I assume my next 600 hours, I will not be so unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    If you played 600 hours, lost $700, maybe there are issues with your bet spread, bet ramp and more. You need to share this.

As for your questions, me, a recreational card counter, playing $10-$15 minimum 6 deck games, $25 Minimum DD games and between 225 and 300 hours each year have made a low of $400 (2020) and a high of $38,000, the other 5 years between $8-13000 a year.
    Awesome!!! So you might be around ballpark $90k profit for your career?

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefsfan1982 View Post
    Awesome!!! So you might be around ballpark $90k profit for your career?
    Actually started with a $15k bankroll, today sitting at $78k but I spent some on other stuff so close to $100k.

Just several months ago I posted a chart of my Good, my Bad, and Ugly years.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...d-and-the-Ugly

I'm guessing the year you made $38,000, you probably had more blackjacks than the dealer that year!!!

One of my shoes to end the year, +5 true count...the dealer had 4 blackjacks to my 0. Luckily, Ace showed up first each time, so I was laying down insurance every time...but, I have never had such a streak! I have not even had 2 blackjacks in the same shoe in a high count this year!

I literally have been getting my arse kicked in that regard, dealer having way more blackjacks than me in the high count, when it matters! But, it is what it is! New year!

Sorry fellas, I am not trying to make this about me...just giving a brief intro. I play perfect card counting, perfect basic strategy with utilizing at least the first 8 items of illustrious 18 deviation. Bet spread $5 to $50...but that is not the point. I seriously just want to see success stories here. What has happened has happened. I am looking forward only. If I play $10 tables, I wong out..but when I am able to get on $5 table, I can't get up or I lose the table...so I will go to bathroom break if it is negative 2 true count....but, if it is negative 1 or better, then I stay at the $5 table.

I can tell you that where I have lost my money was in the high counts, on big bets. That is where my losses come from. The house has beat the odds in the high counts. I have not been close to 50/50 dealer blackjacks vs. my blackjacks in the high counts.

I assume my next 600 hours, I will not be so unfortunate.
    First, playing $5 - $50 is fine but at what count do you place that $50 bet? It’s not worth it unless you start doing it at TC+3, if you are playing a play all game (even with a break or two). At the $10 table, a $50 max bet won’t really work unless you only play when count is TC+2.

Banned or Suspended

I can tell you that where I have lost my money was in the high counts, on big bets. That is where my losses come from.
    My beatdowns, as with probably 99% of the members here, have come during shoes with high counts...that's when we put the money out. But, in hindsight, they were not necessarily bad things. Afterwards I re-evaluated my game and found things that needed to be tightened up. Often we learn more from failure than success. In a way I am glad for the beatdowns, they made be become a better player.

This year, I have been just like you. Played hundreds of hours. (I practiced about 3-4 month and started my play NOV 2019)

I won about 75% of my sessions, break even 10% sessions and lost 15% sessions

betting spread 1-10, sometime progressives to 1:20 and only two times progressive to 1-40. largest bet was $250 to $300 I do not exactly remember.

I won about 200 betting units 2019. It was a very steady increase with several notches due to the losing sessions.

For details you can Email me sevenlake34 at gmail dot com

I just want to witness some successful card counters here. I have already told you of my unfortunate start to my career. I am 600+ hours in and I am down now $700 from when I first started.

I would actually be slightly up, but, at the end of the year, I did a few large bets...(2) hands of $300....(2) hands of 200 on some really high counts...and I lost them all...so really I would be up maybe $300, but that is still pathetic. I just bet big at the end of the year a few times out of frustration to the slow year I had. Moving on...enough about me...I would like to hear some success stories!! I am still fascinated with this game and the fact that we can (ultimately) play at an advantage. I do have a goal of getting to 4,000 hours of total play in my career.

So, how many hours have you played? What was your starting bankroll (money willing to lose, worst case scenerio)? What is your bet spread?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast