Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: How to count for Barona's push 22

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    How to count for Barona's push 22

    Making a trip to Barona soon. I count using Wong Halves, do I need to adjust the values of the cards to play push 22?

  2. #2


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by gub11 View Post
    Making a trip to Barona soon. I count using Wong Halves, do I need to adjust the values of the cards to play push 22?
    Don’t play it!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Melbourne.
    Posts
    737


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by gub11 View Post
    Making a trip to Barona soon. I count using Wong Halves, do I need to adjust the values of the cards to play push 22?
    That's a rule worth -6.91% to the player. Don't play such a terrible game.

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sounds like a 6:5 game with the "free bet".

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by gub11 View Post
    Making a trip to Barona soon. I count using Wong Halves, do I need to adjust the values of the cards to play push 22?
    gub11,

    First, modify the Wong Halves tags by subtracting 3 from each tag (or 6, if you use "double Wong Halves" (DWH) to avoid the pesky fractional tags), so for example the Ace & X tag goes from -1 to -4 (or -2 to -8 for DWH), and the Five tag goes from +1.5 to -1.5 (or +3 to -3 for DWH). Then, using these modified tags, wait for a TC of +2 (or higher) to Wong in.

    Hope this helps!

    Dog Hand

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    So just stick to their standard blackjack tables for the best odds then?

  7. #7


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by gub11 View Post
    So just stick to their standard blackjack tables for the best odds then?
    YES, you got it!

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I’ll be there sometime this weekend Or next let’s meet up

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    gub11,

    First, modify the Wong Halves tags by subtracting 3 from each tag (or 6, if you use "double Wong Halves" (DWH) to avoid the pesky fractional tags), so for example the Ace & X tag goes from -1 to -4 (or -2 to -8 for DWH), and the Five tag goes from +1.5 to -1.5 (or +3 to -3 for DWH). Then, using these modified tags, wait for a TC of +2 (or higher) to Wong in.


    Hope this helps!

    Dog Hand

    How you know that card counter should subtracting 3 from each tag ? Any calculations to prove that ? hope can learn something from you. Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. shyboy: Barona
    By shyboy in forum South & West
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
  2. shyboy: Barona
    By shyboy in forum South & West
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 08:57 PM
  3. shyboy: Barona
    By shyboy in forum South & West
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 02:07 AM
  4. eric: Barona
    By eric in forum South & West
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 03:16 PM
  5. shyboy: Barona
    By shyboy in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2002, 05:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.