See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: "Preserving The Win"

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    When i use to play poker i would always try to leave when ahead. It would make me feel better about my decisions. As you get tired and get bad beats you tend to steam. Although you are not supposed to and your wins are in term of BB per hour. I do the same with BJ. Play short sessions and leave when im up. Its better for my mental state. If i play for a long time a lose track of count more often and make errors. So in that sense its +EV. But i do understand that im just a beginner and most of you dont have that problem.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    I don't understand your quote. The sims I referred to in the OP correspond with what Don said...the longer you play the more your chance of ruin...however small. You can never eliminate it. Playing to reach a higher trip goal means you are playing longer, and that is exactly what my OP shows. As a preemptive measure...yes, you lose EV if you do this, but I never said you won't.

Sorry Don...#68...
    https://giphy.com/gifs/agentm-agent-...deaQ5Xo0E/tile

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "This is a discipline thing. You either do it right or you don't do it at all."

Don Schlesinger, pg 2, "Blackjack Attack: Playing the Pros' Way", 3rd Edition.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Would the message of your post have been diminished if you hadn't added, "you arrogant ass" at the end? Are you trying to get your posts busted for attacking people instead of ideas? Is that principle really so very difficult to understand?

Don

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Umm...comp hustling is recognized as advantage play...you don't have to play 100 percent optimally 100 percent of the time to be an advantage player, or to get an edge.
    "This is a discipline thing. You either do it right or you don't do it at all."

Don Schlesinger, pg 2, "Blackjack Attack: Playing the Pros' Way", 3rd Edition.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678