Thread: Happy New Year Everybody

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Happy New Year Everybody

It is just about time to go and watch the ball drop. It will be the start of a new decade and I always ask myself if this is the decade I'm going to die. For that matter I say will this be the year I die.

Anyway winter storm "Gage" is finally over. It dropped about 20 inches of snow. The lazy garbage man cancelled pickup because of the weather. I thought that might happen so I called before I actually brought the garbage out.

Will probably go shovel some snow after the ball drops. I decided if I going to have a heart attack shoveling snow I rather it be in 2020 than 2019. Maybe I will wait until tomorrow, but I like shoveling late at night. I just have to be careful not to get a stick in the eye, but my snow dumping area isn't up into the branches of the trees yet.

HNY to you, Midwest Player, as well as to all other posters here at Norm's!

Dog Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I decided if I going to have a heart attack shoveling snow I rather it be in 2020 than 2019.
    Has the idea of actually hiring someone to plow the snow for you ever crossed your mind? I haven't shoveled snow in 40 years.

Don

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Has the idea of actually hiring someone to plow the snow for you ever crossed your mind? I haven't shoveled snow in 40 years.

Don
    But Don, if he pays someone to shovel the pathways he might not be able to maintain 40k into his checking account.

I decided if I going to have a heart attack shoveling snow I rather it be in 2020 than 2019.
    Why? Your deductible resets today.

And thanks for not letting a MWP topic start without mentioning the lovely climate where you voluntarily reside.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    But Don, if he pays someone to shovel the pathways he might not be able to maintain 40k into his checking account.
    Good one, Bosox.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Why? Your deductible resets today.
    No deductibles. I have the best insurance. Medigap Plan F. However the bastards raised my premiums 14.3% for next year. Looks like I'm going to have to increase the balance in my checking account.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    I've had a snow plower for at least 20 years now. However, there are some places his truck can't go. Like the path and my porch and around my second car.

We must of got 20 inches with this last storm. It just stalled out and parked itself over the U.P. for a couple of days. Much rain when it first started. If the entire storm was snow we would have got 3 feet. Last night when I was shoveling the porch water was still dripping off the roof down my neck from all the rain, but the temp was only 14 degrees. Now once again I have an ice build up on my porch from the drippings off the roof.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 01-01-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Looks like I'm going to have to increase the balance in my checking account.
    lol. I hope your bank sends you a birthday gift every year. My online bank, which pays 2%, sends me a gourmet tea collection every year for my birthday.

I have the best insurance. Medigap Plan F.
    Depends how you define best - highest premium, most comprehensive coverage, no doubt. Personally, I prefer lower premiums and higher deductibles. You probably read that Plan F is being discontinued, but you are grandfathered in.