Thread: Back counting/Wong in with ace side counts?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Back counting/Wong in with ace side counts?

I’m pretty new to AP, but, I have been practicing the Uston APC for quiet a bit within the past couple months. I know it’s fairly common to use both feet to keep a side count of aces. From all the practice I’ve had, I can do this sitting down with relative ease. I was just wondering how this would be achieved standing up while trying to back-count. I can make the positions with each foot and keep the running count but I’m pretty sure I look like an idiot keeping an ace side count unseated. Is this the proper way to do this? Is there a better way to keep an ace side count while back-counting?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRu View Post
    Is there a better way to keep an ace side count while back-counting?
    You should learn to keep both counts in your head. There are many suggestions on how to best accomplish this feat. You will find plenty of info in this and other forums, and in books. With research, you will find a way that suits your abilities.

I've seen one person keep track by visualizing the number of rooms in a house (or was it the number of people in one room?).

Anyway, perhaps you can keep track of one count by 'seeing' (from overhead, looking down into the upstairs part of the house with the roof and ceiling removed) the corresponding number of rooms to the LEFT of the hallway while the other count is represented by the corresponding number of rooms to the RIGHT of the hallway.

your idea is not actually very bad.. what if you wong in only based on surplus/deficit aces and just start the count at neutral. I bet that is still pretty good!