See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Simulating A5

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Simulating A5

I. I am not able to reproduce figures for the Ace/Five count (discussed here: https://wizardofodds.com/games/black...ce-five-count/) with CVData. First, I attached the basic strategy for 6D H17 DAS LS, and then defined the value of each rank (A = -1, 5 = 1, others zero). Then, I defined a betting ramp based on running count as mentioned (1 for RC <= 1 and double until max bet as long as RC >= 2). Since this seems like a low-variance strategy, I ran 500 million rounds (thinking convergence would be quick).

When I went to look at some output (variance chart here), I got something not sane: a single row corresponding to a count of zero. Since I asked the software to double the bet at very modest counts, I'd expect rows for each value. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

II. How were the SCORE values obtained? Isn't

score.png

(a advantage, V variance)? Why then is (0.005)^2 / (1.1 or so) not even close? Thank you.

Blog Entries

Go to Tools-Export, create an export file and email to [email protected].
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

I did some work on Ace/Five in the past for the six deck H17 DAS DOA 3:2 75% pen game using a min/max ramp of $10/$100 and ODPs by deck. The best SCORE I could ID was .27, hourly EV was $1.51, for 6 players on a sim of 9B. I decided it was not worth any more effort and stopped working on it.
    Last edited by Wave; 12-17-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You have Basic Strategy selected, not A5.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You have Basic Strategy selected, not A5.
    As was intended, since the write-up asks us to use basic strategy for all decisions. What else could be the problem? Also: Do you have any input on II above? The Internet seems sparse on (detailed) discussions of SCORE.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You have to create your own A/5 strategy using BS as the starting point and then change the A/5 values to -1/+1 and then run the sims with the the A/5 strategy you created.

Banned or Suspended

You might find this thread interesting.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...le-or-Invisble

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    You have to create your own A/5 strategy using BS as the starting point and then change the A/5 values to -1/+1 and then run the sims with the the A/5 strategy you created.
    Thank you. I did not realize specifying card values was part of building the strategy.

Banned or Suspended

You're welcome...good luck.

However, my sims indicated that the A/5 Count should not be used in play all situations and should be combined with Wonging to be effective.

If you are looking for a simple beginning count, I recommend Renzy's KISS series or Simple REKO. You may as well start with Simple REKO since eventually you are going to want a stronger count and if you start with Simple REKO it is a very easy transition to REKO 6 Deck Full, which can perform comparable to Hi Lo at poorer penetration 6 deck shoe games.

If you don't want to move to REKO 6 Deck Full, Simple REKO (albeit weaker than it's 6 Deck Full cousin) affords one the advantage of basically one count and the same index and almost the same index plays for all games.

https://www.qfit.com/rekostrategy.htm
    Last edited by Wave; 12-17-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Blog Entries

A5 is a weak counting strategy. I didn't bother to include it. You can add t if you wish. But, it is very weak considering today's rules.