Thread: True count / Running count confusion (Beginner)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

True count / Running count confusion (Beginner)

I understand the running count and true count but I have a very easy question to solve so forgive me for my stupidity. But when I am calculating the true count once it’s calculated and let’s say I have a +2 or -2 am I going to continue my count from my true count? Or go back to my running count? Thanks in Advance !

Your running count never ends....as decks are played your true count is adjusted by remaining decks . Once you have a TC for betting and playing decisions you continue with the running count until you need to get the TC again....rinse & repeat.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!

The RC is continuous. Also consider that your RC will be changing as the table plays through. You need to be able to track it all the way through the round. For example, if you sit at a table with some other players you may have bet based on a particular TC, then need to make an insurance decision at another TC, and then make a playing decision at yet another TC. While calculating TC for your bet you can also think about what RC would have changed the answer, that way you are quick to recognize the shift.
    Last edited by JBourne; 12-16-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJDaddy17 View Post
    I understand the running count and true count but I have a very easy question to solve so forgive me for my stupidity. But when I am calculating the true count once it’s calculated and let’s say I have a +2 or -2 am I going to continue my count from my true count? Or go back to my running count? Thanks in Advance !
    If you have difficulties due to the frequent switching between running count and true count, maybe using an unbalanced count like K.O. or REKO would be an option. It only uses a running count - no true count conversion necessary.