See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Vegas Trip

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Vegas Trip

Ive got a mac and unfortunately am unable to download any software. Planning an upcoming vegas trip, bringing around 13k and hoping to hit DD throughout the strip and Station/various surrounding shops. Might play shoes if those tables are less populated while at a shop. Will be there for 10 days, logging maybe 60 hours. Spreading 50-2x200 at DD and perhaps 50-2x400 at 6 deck strip resorts. Anyone able to give a quick guess as to my risk of ruin? Ill probably play fairly blatantly with minimal cover and wong out if other tables are available/am downtown at ceasars/mgm props.

I already had a sim I'm looking at. It's zen count DD HU 75% H17 DAS (noLS noRSA) 100 rounds/hr. I'm not sure how to figure out "trip ROR" type thing. But using the spread that someone would on a $50k bank (0.6% ROR), I'm showing after 60 hours (6,000 rounds) of this game, you have a 1.93% chance of being down $13k or more. That's obviously not the full picture because it also assumes you can swing below -13k then back "up" to -13k....and in real life, once you're down $13k you can't just keep playing since your trip roll is busted.

IMO, bring more cash if that's what you're planning on playing. But I also don't think you're severely underfunded. But it can definitely get dicey if you have a bad run. I don't have an opinion on the shoe game other than you are likely very underfunded for that (IMO).
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

During weekdays and at certain times, outside of the strip, it’s difficult to play as you are planning. Its because you might be the only one playing those stakes and would draw intense heat. Tables are often empty or few outside the strip that are $50 minimum. Even on the strip, they often don’t open DD till mid-day and just one table at that. At a $10 minimum table, you would stand out, the dealer would be calling checks plat. Second, often, they do not allow you to start a shoe with one hand, go to two. Third, switching from one to two would get you tossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    During weekdays and at certain times, outside of the strip, it’s difficult to play as you are planning. Its because you might be the only one playing those stakes and would draw intense heat. Tables are often empty or few outside the strip that are $50 minimum. Even on the strip, they often don’t open DD till mid-day and just one table at that. At a $10 minimum table, you would stand out, the dealer would be calling checks plat. Second, often, they do not allow you to start a shoe with one hand, go to two. Third, switching from one to two would get you tossed.
    Then start with 2 hands then drop to 1 hand whenever the count tanks...I make it work. Good luck bro, you will probably do ok if you have the bankroll.

I’d like to highlight what RS said. Bring more cash. If you’re betting up to 2x400, I wouldn’t bring anything less than 25K.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    remeber the true count

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    I’d like to highlight what RS said. Bring more cash. If you’re betting up to 2x400, I wouldn’t bring anything less than 25K.
    Agree, if you are really going to bet at that level you will probably need more bankroll. And be prepared for backoffs, unless you only play a few hands at each location.