See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: BJ Charts: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

BJ Charts: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

I've been up all night trying to master these charts. Just so nobody thinks BJ has been all roses for me, I decided to post three charts from my 33 years of blackjack play.

First the good. This chart shows the most dollars per hour I have made. It reflects about twice the per hour amount I ever made from my regular job. The losses were very few and small the entire year. I have made more money in other years, but only because I played more hours. So I will classify this chart as my best year.

Best BJ Year.JPG

This chart I shall call the bad. The year was positive most of the year and turned negative right at the end of the year. What a sick feeling this chart brings to mind. To top matters off, the year also saw a BJ back off.

BJ Bad Year.JPG

This chart is down right ugly. I was in the red just about the entire year. This charts reflects the biggest dollar loss for any of my playing years.

BJ Ugly Year.JPG
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-06-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What is your spread ,rules , penetration and condition of the game . This alone doesn't give the whole picture.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "I've been up all night trying to master these charts."
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    What is your spread ,rules , penetration and condition of the game . This alone doesn't give the whole picture.
    I wasn't trying to show anything more than a graph of my cumulative playing results for a year. I don't track in my records spread, rules, or pen. These results include all blackjack play from all locations during the year. My best year graph includes some single deck (Wendover), maybe some single deck in Green Bay, and some in Laughlin, a little six deck, but mostly double deck. Most of the play in double deck is poor pen of 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    "I've been up all night trying to master these charts."
    Lol
    Back in the day, I used excel spreadsheets on a daily basis for my job. I designed some pretty impressive spreadsheets with IF, THEN, ELSE formulas. In fact, I use IF, THEN, ELSE formulas in my blackjack records to separate my wins, and losses into two separate columns.

Anyway, my experience with charts is somewhat limited. However, I had some experience making charts for my job, but not much. The problem was that back in the day the excel version I had at work was much more simpler than today's version. I presently have Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 on my computer and the excel program has many more bells and whistles than I'm familiar with.

In making the chart for my losing years, I wanted the x-axis labels to be at the bottom of the chart, but the labels were defaulting along the x-axis. I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to move the labels to the bottom of the chart.

If you need help making a chart, I found out it is really better to just Google what you want to do than try to find help in the excel program. There are videos on how to make a chart and Google sure comes in handy when you want to figure out how to do something.

it may suggest you want a stronger game . as you stated 50% pen DD bj , probably with a weak spread?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How much did you win in your first chart? The Y axis doesn't appear labeled.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by SplitEm View Post
    How much did you win in your first chart? The Y axis doesn't appear labeled.
    I didn't label it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Back in the day, I used excel spreadsheets on a daily basis for my job. I designed some pretty impressive spreadsheets with IF, THEN, ELSE formulas. In fact, I use IF, THEN, ELSE formulas in my blackjack records to separate my wins, and losses into two separate columns.

Anyway, my experience with charts is somewhat limited. However, I had some experience making charts for my job, but not much. The problem was that back in the day the excel version I had at work was much more simpler than today's version. I presently have Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016 on my computer and the excel program has many more bells and whistles than I'm familiar with.

In making the chart for my losing years, I wanted the x-axis labels to be at the bottom of the chart, but the labels were defaulting along the x-axis. I had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to move the labels to the bottom of the chart.

If you need help making a chart, I found out it is really better to just Google what you want to do than try to find help in the excel program. There are videos on how to make a chart and Google sure comes in handy when you want to figure out how to do something.
    When I had to write computer programs, I used if-then-else in many languages like C, C++ and C#. There were two good websites available when I encountered problems with these languages: www.eggheadcafe.com and www.stackoverflow.com :-) I often landed on these sites when googling for certain error messages. Don't know it these also have tips for Excel.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    When I had to write computer programs, I used if-then-else in many languages like C, C++ and C#. There were two good websites available when I encountered problems with these languages: www.eggheadcafe.com and www.stackoverflow.com :-) I often landed on these sites when googling for certain error messages. Don't know it these also have tips for Excel.
    IF, THEN, ELSE, formulas are pretty easy to do in excel. I don't think I ever had a problem with them. Here is what some of the formulas look like in my blackjack worksheet with a few made up numbers put in the win/loss column. If the worksheet doesn't look very pretty it is because I converted an old Microsoft Multiplan worksheet to excel that I used before excel existed. I have more columns in my worksheet like date and location played, but I just wanted to show what my formulas looked like.

BJ Worksheet.JPG
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-08-2019 at 07:37 PM.