See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: re: Can someone confirm for me?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Red face re: Can someone confirm for me?

I've heard there are two states, Missouri and New Jersey, where you cannot be removed from a table for counting cards. Is this correct?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Cheers!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yes, it's correct.

But that doesn't mean that they can't, or won't, use tactics that will effectively cause you to bar yourself; i.e. make conditions at the table so difficult as to render the games unplayable. And yes, they can actually discriminate against just YOU at the table and not apply those restrictions to others who are sitting next to you.

Don

Besides what Don said, I actually find it worse in Missouri. In other states, they can back you off so they do it, where they simply ask you to step away from the table, let the game continue while they, most politely, tell you you cannot play there. Unlike the old days. Backing off is politely done.

However, in MO, since they cannot back you off, they do other stuff that gets others at the table resentful. For example, they place the cut card, cutting off 2/3rd of the deck. The ploppy asks why and the dealer says “they think someone is counting cards” and if you stick around, they are dealing 2 decks out of 6, and the ploppies are glaring at you. Other times, as Don says, they flat bet you and the entire table knows you can’t raise your bet.

In NJ, they also make up stories about you being disruptive and use that as an excuse to toss you.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Yes, it's correct.

But that doesn't mean that they can't, or won't, use tactics that will effectively cause you to bar yourself; i.e. make conditions at the table so difficult as to render the games unplayable. And yes, they can actually discriminate against just YOU at the table and not apply those restrictions to others who are sitting next to you.

Don
    Thank you for taking time to reply. I appreciate your wisdom. I play in one of those states and right now, the pit leaves me alone. However, I'm red chipping and can easily envision the issues you related if I were to bump up to green. Holiday wishes to you and yours.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraBlack View Post
    Thank you for taking time to reply. I appreciate your wisdom. I play in one of those states and right now, the pit leaves me alone. However, I'm red chipping and can easily envision the issues you related if I were to bump up to green. Holiday wishes to you and yours.
    It comes down as a surprise. For years, the pit guys welcomed me, big smiles, we joked, laughed. The hostesses also knew me. Even the cashiers did. Then one day, no one greeted me, looked away, even the dealer was not as talkative as before and they started cutting off half the shoe.

If you ar3 a regular, they track you even if you don’t play with a card. Some algorithms they use, mayb3 too many winning sessions, maybe still a winner 4+ years, whatever, and the word comes from above. The idea is not just takin* counter measures but letting you know they don’t want you coming there.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    It comes down as a surprise. For years, the pit guys welcomed me, big smiles, we joked, laughed. The hostesses also knew me. Even the cashiers did. Then one day, no one greeted me, looked away, even the dealer was not as talkative as before and they started cutting off half the shoe.

If you ar3 a regular, they track you even if you don’t play with a card. Some algorithms they use, mayb3 too many winning sessions, maybe still a winner 4+ years, whatever, and the word comes from above. The idea is not just takin* counter measures but letting you know they don’t want you coming there.
    That would throw me off too if I used to get greeted with warm welcomes amd smiles, etc and then one day out of the blue got the cold shoulder.