See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: I Was Impressed by Ryemo's Chart in the Story Time Thread

  1. #1


    1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    I Was Impressed by Ryemo's Chart in the Story Time Thread

    It got me thinking. Why don't we all post a chart for 2019 with our cumulative winnings or losses for the year similar to Ryemo's line graph. Just label the y axis the revenue and the x axis times played.

    For those who don't want to disclose their handle name, just make an anonymous post, but it would be nice for folks to disclose their handle. The chart doesn't have to show money values (Ryemo's doesn't) but you can if you want. This would be very interesting to see.

    I think excel is pretty good at making charts. I did use excel to make charts for my job years ago, but forgot most of it by now. Since I got myself a new computer I also got the latest and best version of excel so I will have to refresh myself on making charts. This maybe a problem, because some folks might not know how to make a chart in excel. Then you can just use the snipping tool and put the chart in your post.

    Any thoughts?

  2. #2


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    The chart doesn't have to show money values (Ryemo's doesn't)
    The graph doesn't specifically state the bankroll amount, however it is very easy to figure out what the actual amounts are given the numbers that are provided within the graph.

    In a matter of seconds, most can determine how much each grey horizontal line represents.

    Out of respect, I will not disclose the amount this represents.

  3. #3


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don’t keep track anymore, just check my BR every once a while to know if zi am up or down. This is the very first year where my current BR is identical to what I started the year with. I was down for the first 9+ months, went up slightly and then went back to my BR of $75k.

    Just about 30 more hours I will play by the end of the year.

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I figured out how to make a chart in excel and this is what 2019 looks like for me. I doubt if I'm going to play anymore blackjack this year so it probably reflects final results.

    2019 was just a so so year. Winnings were slightly below average when compared to the last 12 years, but dollars per hour were above average. I only played on 28 days this year so total winnings are on the low side. When I snipped the picture I didn't include the dollar amounts on the y axis on purpose.

    2019 Blackjack.JPG

    Come end of year maybe a few others will share a chart of their 2019 play.

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thx Midwest Player. I try to keep very detailed records because I like being able to see the big picture, because I think all humans suffer from selective memory.

    The only thing those type of graphs don’t help you see is the hours played (on the x axis). Because you don’t know if I played several 10 hr sessions, or several 1 hr sessions. Each movement you see on the graph represents one session. But you have no idea how long each session is, except for the person that made the graph and you have access to the actual spreadsheet associated to that graph. That’s why my 300 hr break-even period looks longer than my 400 break-even period. Apparently I played a lot more shorter sessions during the 300 period, but I played quite a few more marathon sessions in the 400 period. That’s why I provided some annotations, in order to provide some perspective.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    <snip>The only thing those type of graphs don’t help you see is the hours played (on the x axis). Because you don’t know if I played several 10 hr sessions, or several 1 hr sessions. Each movement you see on the graph represents one session. But you have no idea how long each session is, except for the person that made the graph and you have access to the actual spreadsheet associated to that graph. That’s why my 300 hr break-even period looks longer than my 400 break-even period. Apparently I played a lot more shorter sessions during the 300 period, but I played quite a few more marathon sessions in the 400 period. That’s why I provided some annotations, in order to provide some perspective.
    Ryemo,

    If you make the x-axis variable "Total Elapsed Playing Time" rather than "Session Number", you'll avoid the problem you mentioned above.

    Just a suggestion!

    Dog Hand

  7. #7


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don’t keep accurate records per session, but I do keep an accurate lifetime balance after every session.

    Some would say I’ve had a wonder year... it’s my third year in and this year I did around 600 hours. My net winnings exploded which allowed me to resize from red chips all the way to black chips because of a 5500% increase in my lifetime winnings (yes you heard that right). I have enough savings to keep a 1% ROR. The worst swings I experienced were 3 10% total bankroll downswings with quick recoveries after a few dozen hours. I’ve decided to call it for the year, sadly I experienced a 5% bankroll loss in the last hour of my play but nothing I can’t hope to recoup next year.

  8. #8


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCounter View Post
    My net winnings exploded which allowed me to resize from red chips all the way to black chips because of a 5500% increase in my lifetime winnings (yes you heard that right).
    Congrats on your positive variance

    Even if you are playing against a ROR that you are comfortable with, I would not go from reds directly to blacks, and skip over greens.
    There are many things that can be learned in that stage even if its only a couple hundred hours. Green level can help you polish your act.

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    Ryemo,

    If you make the x-axis variable "Total Elapsed Playing Time" rather than "Session Number", you'll avoid the problem you mentioned above.

    Just a suggestion!

    Dog Hand
    Thanks, doghand. I’ll take a look when I get some time.

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerCA View Post
    Congrats on your positive variance

    Even if you are playing against a ROR that you are comfortable with, I would not go from reds directly to blacks, and skip over greens.
    There are many things that can be learned in that stage even if its only a couple hundred hours. Green level can help you polish your act.
    Ohh I didn’t specify... of course I increased from green to double green now to black... In hindsight I should’ve started black off the bat and I’d be very very well off now lol. But I see your point, early in my career I couldn’t get deck estimation or I16 right, now I make a mistake here and there but mostly flawless in other fronts.

    I’ve also learned to use stubborn ploppies to my advantage. Now I’ll close my spot and bet on the first hand of the frequent 2 spot ploppy that crashes into my TC +5 shoe with their allmighty buy in of $200... sigh... at least I don’t miss out on many hands and teach them multiple spots is bad for everybody.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Story Time
    By PlayTheSystem in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-03-2019, 03:11 PM
  2. Clarfication needed on the closed thread about Exoter and Ryemo
    By BoSox in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 06-13-2018, 08:17 PM
  3. Losing streak thread PART SIX: time to quit?
    By mickeymouse in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-28-2015, 08:34 PM
  4. Wildcard: Time magazine - Indian Gaming story
    By Wildcard in forum Blackjack Main
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 10:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.