So my husband and I are super new to blackjack, so new that we’ve only been playing a couple weeks. We were practicing our card counting tonight when this dude sits down, and I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure he started with $100. So he starts being really loud, causing somewhat of a scene while also predicting cards as the dealer was about to deal them. Sometimes he was off by one with the card he predicted and was dealt, but other times the card he was shouting out landed one spot down from him. We noticed also he was doing it when the count was low and yet he was winning. He also managed to bet when he got the lucky ladies side bet. Not only that but he was pretending to not know how much the chips were worth along with drinking and saying, “it’s not a calculation, it’s gambling.”. Oh and he tried to put the cut card like ten cards from the back but the dealer wouldn’t let him so made him cut it again. I just thought it was odd he was pocketing chips in a sneaky way while placing his bigger bets while the count was negative, and sometimes also pretending to get phone calls. From what I could catch, he made at least $700 but could have easily been more.

What in in the world was this guy doing? Did he have a counting system or was he just insane?