See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Some of the Best Web Cams in the U.P.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Some of the Best Web Cams in the U.P.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Here's one for you, MWP:
    https://www.abc4.com/st-george-live-cam/

Cloudy there today. Unusual...

Take a look at the U.P. web cams today and then take a look at them towards the end of the day to tomorrow. We are suppose to get up to 24 inches of snow and winds up to 40 mph. When I saw most of our snow melted over the last couple of days, I was thinking of making another blackjack trip. However, 24 inches is just too much for my car to handle even with snow tires, and if we get 40 mph winds we will have whiteout conditions.

I did see on TV that Denver got hit pretty hard and now it is all moving our way.

Action Recommended: Make preparations per the instructions
    Issued by: Marquette - MI, US, National Weather Service,

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 24 inches. Highest snow totals exceeding 18 inches are expected from Negaunee northwestward. Expect lower snow totals of 6 to 10 inches near the lakeshore in Alger and Marquette counties, including the city of Marquette. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. * WHERE...Northern Houghton, Baraga, Marquette, Alger, and northern Schoolcraft counties. * WHEN...From 1 AM Wednesday to 1 AM EST Thursday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Patchy blowing snow will significantly reduce visibilities. The hazardous conditions will impact both the morning and evening commutes as well as holiday travel. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Expect greatly reduced visibilities of a half mile or less when the heavy snow arrives Wednesday morning. Snowfall rates of one to two inches per hour are likely. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 11-26-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I did see on TV that Denver got hit pretty hard and now it is all moving our way.
    Yup, a large portion of Colorado got a lot. I got around 14 inches or so where I am at. Most business closed for the day.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Here is an interesting tidbit about the Land O'Lakes, WI web cam. The camera is located in WI, but the building across Crystal Lake Rd is located in MI. The dividing line between WI and the U.P. of MI is Crystal Lake Rd.
    https://lolrec.com/Webcam

This weekend check out all the snowmobiles at this restaurant's web site. This time of year its a zoo out there with all the snowmobilers coming to the area.
    http://uartechsolutions.com/parkview/image.jpg

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    This weekend check out all the snowmobiles at this restaurant's web site. This time of year its a zoo out there with all the snowmobilers coming to the area.
    http://uartechsolutions.com/parkview/image.jpg
    Don - which is worse? A new poster bombarding us with multiple threads of his reinvention of card counting or MWP's "I'm proud to live in such a horrible place" threads?