Two interesting thread topics recently were issues evident on my most recent trip, I came across a very Interesting situation. First item, I was playing a DD game, stakes being 15-300. I was playing $25 off the top. Another fellow sat down, buying in for 1k and placing his min $15 bet off the top. Hmmm, wonder what my first clue was. My second “clue” was a positive count where he went to 2x200 or 300. I also immediately went to 2 squares, whispering to him that I wanted my share of cards, and would go to 2 hands if he did so. We coexisted quite nicely with him doing his thing while I went into my regular semi schtick routine doing mine, both of us playing 1 square without looking like we were in tandem. The interesting lesson here is that 2 counters can coexist without necessarily looking like the Bobsy twins. I also whispered to him, during the session, that buying for 1k with $15 for off the top bet is way too much of a tell. He understood.

Second item, during our limited time together, on another deal, with about 20 cards dealt, and a halves RC of 7.5, he had 64 v dealer 10. With true of approx 4.65 he doubled his 200 or 250 bet, losing. I whispered to him that EV maxImizing double was true 4, with RA double of true 7. I’m not sure he understood. I was in my regular schtick routine, even though I was down at this table. The dealer said something, and I quipped something about Starting to play the game only 3 weeks prior. My new buddy said something to me about his thinking I’ve played the game for years. Yes, im sure there will be commentary about yacking at the table - that’s not the lesson to be gleaned here.

In any event, he left shortly thereafter, also down. We did not exchange contact info. They’re many directions this thread can take. I’ll leave it at that. I bring up these points because I found them interesting. I’m not likely to respond further on this thread, though this should develop nicely on its own.