Thread: REKO advantage ramp for different table game edges

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

REKO advantage ramp for different table game edges

In Norm's book on REKO, it states the betting ramp for REKO single deck is IRC -1, and increase your bet at +1. Are these rules for Las Vegas playing conditions only, or will they work under any house table game edges? Here where I live, Single Deck playing conditions are: h17, ndas, no surrender, double on 10 & 11 only, which is a house edge of -.45%. Will the above original REKO IRC and betting ramp work for my terrible playing conditions, or will I need to wait for +2 or even higher for an advantage before I raise my bet? I also have Double Deck here with these horrible conditions. h17, da2, ndas, no surrender, house edge of -.53%. My shoe conditions are 6D, h17, da2, ndas, no surrender, house edge of -.77%...I have read Norm's book on REKO many times and cannot find anything that addresses the above?....Thank you for any and all answers to my problem....ronster
    Last edited by Ronster; 11-09-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Blog Entries

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Well, there are rather a large number of combinations of rules, penetration, decks, tolerance for spreads, bankrolls, desired risk, cover needs. No way to cover them all.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Hi Norm, thank you for your reply....But my question still is...Do I use the REKO SD betting ramp of +1 for the house disadvantage I described above, or should I use +2 or +3 before I raise my 1 unit bet to two units?...

Blog Entries

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    In single-deck, this is highly dependent on rules and penetration.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I understand that Norm, which is why I gave you my exact table conditions and house edge figures, for SD as well as DD and my 6D shoe! Can you please answer my question as to whether your standard REKO IRC's and KEY counts will work here where I live?

Blog Entries

The IRC will work. There is no key count concept in REKO.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The IRC will work. There is no key count concept in REKO.
    I think Ronster means the point where to raise the bet for the first time, which in this case +1 for REKO single deck starting at IRC = -1. The KO book calls the point where to raise the bet "key count", but it is at +2 for KO count single deck, for an IRC of 0. In both cases, the bet is raised when RC = IRC + 2.

Since the REKO betting ramp for single deck calls for putting out the max bet (4 units) already at +2, this would conflict with waiting till the RC climbs to +2 in order to start increasing the bet to 2 units. It would require to put out the max bet of 4 units at +3 (RC = IRC + 4) rather +2, leading to a flatter betting ramp, like in KO, where the max bet is put out at +4 and thus when RC = IRC + 4, too.
    Last edited by PinkChip; 11-10-2019 at 09:34 AM.

OK....I cannot get an answer to my (detailed and consise) question so I give up....