Thread: Insure all blackjacks question - CVCX/CVDATA

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Insure all blackjacks question - CVCX/CVDATA

This one’s quick:

Where in CVCX or CVDATA would I find the option to insure all blackjacks as a cover play into my strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    This one’s quick:

Where in CVCX or CVDATA would I find the option to insure all blackjacks as a cover play into my strategy?
    Cant answer your question but I think you are erring in assuming that move as a cover. I usually insure when I have my max or near max bet out, say “If I did not have such a big bet, I would not insure” or “I don’t have a big bet out so I will take a risk” and not insure them. If I have a poor hand, I might insure for less. These days, most ploppies do not insure their BJ anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Cant answer your question but I think you are erring in assuming that move as a cover. I usually insure when I have my max or near max bet out, say “If I did not have such a big bet, I would not insure” or “I don’t have a big bet out so I will take a risk” and not insure them. If I have a poor hand, I might insure for less. These days, most ploppies do not insure their BJ anyway.
    I'm basing this decision off of Ian Anderson's "Burning the Tables in Las Vegas." The rationale is that when you have a bigger bet out, you are supposed to take even money anyway. The cost of then insuring when you're not supposed to is small because I would be taking it with a smaller bet out. I see ploppies take even money all the time and I've been told that one of the biggest counter catchers is taking insurance at the correct time. On the other hand, just insuring blackjacks is a small amount of my insurance decisions.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    This one’s quick:

Surely you don't mean insure all blackjacks. I assume you mean insure only when the dealer has an Ace up. In fact, most places let you only insure when the dealer is showing an Ace and not a face card up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Surely you don't mean insure all blackjacks. I assume you mean insure only when the dealer has an Ace up. In fact, most places let you only insure when the dealer is showing an Ace and not a face card up.
    In this context, it means taking even money on all of your blackjacks when the dealer shows an ace.

Blog Entries

In the Playing Strategy, click on the Insure tab
    Turn on Use Insurance Hand Table
    Set BJ to -99
    Set all other hands to your normal index.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

RatherNot,

I imagine that for every one time you take insurance, there will have been several times when the count jumped and you plowed money on the table. That is what the pit notices. Deviating from proper insurance play is probably in the noise for them.

My opinion is that the only "cover" that works is short sessions. (Although not splitting tens, is probably a good idea too).

bw929

Quote Originally Posted by bw929 View Post
    RatherNot,

I imagine that for every one time you take insurance, there will have been several times when the count jumped and you plowed money on the table. That is what the pit notices. Deviating from proper insurance play is probably in the noise for them.

My opinion is that the only "cover" that works is short sessions. (Although not splitting tens, is probably a good idea too).

bw929
    Split 10’s, hit with bust cards, see the dealer make the hand, watch the pit be confused on whether to laugh at you or give you a hostile stare..

Quote Originally Posted by bw929 View Post
    RatherNot,

bw929
    I already refuse to split tens. I am pondering the idea that most insurance decisions are when you don’t have a blackjack. I am trying to increase longevity by using incorporating misplays into my strategy but I’m now thinking that deviations may be enough “misplays” in th eyes of security.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    In the Playing Strategy, click on the Insure tab
    Turn on Use Insurance Hand Table
    Set BJ to -99
    Set all other hands to your normal index.
    Thank you, I’ll go take a look at that now.