See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Feeling shame

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Feeling shame

The other day, due to dealer’s mistake, the pit boss asked whether we wanted staying in the game. Dealer had a 5, I had 14. Thinking I was at advantage and nodded my head while all the plopys with stiff chosen out.
    Even though I won the hand, found out I was wrong while the plopys were right.
    Do you know 17 vs 5 is also a -ev game! I mean at 0 count.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Yfhuang81 View Post
    The other day, due to dealer’s mistake, the pit boss asked whether we wanted staying in the game. Dealer had a 5, I had 14. Thinking I was at advantage and nodded my head while all the plopys with stiff chosen out.
    Why feel shame. Making mistakes is a good way to learn, and judging by how you said it - I doubt you’ll make that one again. Hell, I made a mistake today, first one this month - Gronbog and Don both pointed it out

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Yfhuang81 View Post
    Yfhuang81,

Standing on a stiff is ALMOST NEVER a +EV play, because your only chance to win is for the dealer to bust. If you check out this link:

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...368#post226368

the second figure shows that, for HiLo TC's of +10 and below, the only upcards for which the dealer's bust rate exceeds 50% are the 5 and 6, and even then the TC has to be at least +9.

Hey, as Freightman indicated, at least you learned from your error!

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Freightman, Dog Hand, thanks.

this further make me think 12, 13 vs T might be better than 17 vs T at night count. Since 8 and 9 are 0 count, their density might be high. 17 vs T almost sure dead when max bet out. Many times, I really want to surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Hand View Post
    Yfhuang81,

Standing on a stiff is ALMOST NEVER a +EV play, because your only chance to win is for the dealer to bust. If you check out this link:

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...368#post226368

the second figure shows that, for HiLo TC's of +10 and below, the only upcards for which the dealer's bust rate exceeds 50% are the 5 and 6, and even then the TC has to be at least +9.

Hey, as Freightman indicated, at least you learned from your error!

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand
    this is a very cruel game when intuition doesn’t help even in the most obvious of circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    this is a very cruel game when intuition doesn’t help even in the most obvious of circumstances

Just another reason to trust the math.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post

Just another reason to trust the math.
    Math I trust but that SOB never gets tired, never gets distracted, has unlimited BR, knows every damn index. I am human. Now, some would argue that trying to be like Math will kill your soul, make one an as$&#ole.