Thread: Optimal players in order to count a shoe?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Optimal players in order to count a shoe?

I'm transitioning from pitch games to a 6 deck shoe. How many or how few players is best with pen 5:6? Would a full table be best or something less?.....Thanks....ronster
    Last edited by Ronster; 10-15-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    I'm transitioning from pitch games to a 6 deck shoe. How many or how few players is best with pen 5:6? Would a full table be best or something less?.....Thanks....ronster
    If your skill level is low, full table with slow play to reduce hands per hour to reduce cost.
    If your skill level is high and you are further capable of beating the house, then, heads up is best, and that maximizes your hands per hour. This gives you both the good and bad hands, the bad being overcome by ramping. Second best (though some might prefer to reverse the order), is 1 other player - who helps absorb the bad hands and further allows you to spread at will in more attractive counts.

Interestingly enough, playing in an out of the way great game but burdened with very low maxes, and a store also not liking bigger action, made a concession to me - I could have my $25 min table capped to max $200 with one other player grandfathered at $10 min, no other players allowed. This was a shoe game easily beatable on a 1-8 spread. I was also allowed to spread at will. It was only 1 of 2 occasions where I hit blackjack on 2 squares at table max.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    If your skill level is low, full table with slow play to reduce hands per hour to reduce cost.
    If your skill level is high and you are further capable of beating the house, then, heads up is best, and that maximizes your hands per hour. This gives you both the good and bad hands, the bad being overcome by ramping. Second best (though some might prefer to reverse the order), is 1 other player - who helps absorb the bad hands and further allows you to spread at will in more attractive counts.

Interestingly enough, playing in an out of the way great game but burdened with very low maxes, and a store also not liking bigger action, made a concession to me - I could have my $25 min table capped to max $200 with one other player grandfathered at $10 min, no other players allowed. This was a shoe game easily beatable on a 1-8 spread. I was also allowed to spread at will. It was only 1 of 2 occasions where I hit blackjack on 2 squares at table max.
    Thanks Freightman....Your reply is a wealth of info.....

Luck is the residue of design....
    Last edited by Ronster; 10-15-2019 at 04:48 PM.