Thread: Bankroll

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bankroll

Hi all,
    I have played a small size of 150 hours and I am just above even, with an earnings per hour of roughly $3 in these 150 hours. I have had a large amount of negative variance in the last 75 hours. Here is the scheme I play by and I do not enter a game until a tc 1 and I leave at a negative tc. I have a set of dealers on 8d who do in fact give me this type of pen, I do not play anything worse than 6.5/8. Using CVCX, my play is consistently 99% playing strategy and 92% in line with my betting strategy. I trust the numbers of counting and cvcx and believe I just need to log more hours. However, I do not want to be making a costly mistake, does anyone have words of advice? I have thought about upping the bankroll, but have been hesitant based on my results. Thank you for taking time!
    BAnkroll 2.jpg
    Bankroll 1.jpg

If your optimal spread is supposed to be a somehow unusual 1 to 11, then why are your custom bets 2 x 15 to 2 x 100, which isn't even a 1-7 spread? You can't afford to do this for an 8-deck game.

And, at the bottom, if you are betting optimally, for the top row, why is ROR 3.5%? Something seems wrong.

Don

Why not 3.5% ? With "simplify" parameters, CVCX can not do better.

DannyOcean, You should run a sim with wonging.
    Backcounting affects the frequency of counts since the number of players at the table changes. This effect cannot be measured after a sim has been run
    (from help)

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There are fundamental errors here. The first is that, with no surrender, you do not have an advantage at true 1.0. The second is that, at best, you’re breaking even at true 1.0. How can that be?

Forget what the sim says, and understand that the optimal bet shown at true 1 incorporates all counts within the bucket of true 1.0 to true 1.99. There’s a spot where you can check off - half true counts. Check it off and look at your optimal ramps, and there should be a difference between true 1.0 and true 1.5 ( for sure if surrender is offered, not 100% sure if it’s not. In any event, half true counts will give you a slightly different optimal ramp. What this means is that you are often wonging in before you have an advantage.

Think about wonging in at at least true 1.5, and at a higher initial bet, ramp faster to your max bet and repost your screen shot, especially since Im curious about your new win rate.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    If your optimal spread is supposed to be a somehow unusual 1 to 11, then why are your custom bets 2 x 15 to 2 x 100, which isn't even a 1-7 spread? You can't afford to do this for an 8-deck game.

And, at the bottom, if you are betting optimally, for the top row, why is ROR 3.5%? Something seems wrong.

Don
    currently running my own sim, with using half decks instead of full decks. Also, is it better to not use the custom bets portion because CVCX will find optimal betting based on the spreads? I used the custom side under the understanding I would be reducing ror and not sacrificing as much win/hour.

Thank you for the response Don

Bankroll 3.jpgBankroll 4.jpg

This is what comes out for one hand, should I adjust the spread at all?

I'm still learning CVCX, and my smartphone doesn't display the images very well, so please apologize but I don't get why you report being slightly ahead after 150 hours, 3 dollars per hour, so +450 dollars (?), but in your screenshots "Actual Results" tab shows that after 100 (not 150) hours you are clearly behind with minus 2100 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    I'm still learning CVCX, and my smartphone doesn't display the images very well, so please apologize but I don't get why you report being slightly ahead after 150 hours, 3 dollars per hour, so +450 dollars (?), but in your screenshots "Actual Results" tab shows that after 100 (not 150) hours you are clearly behind with minus 2100 dollars?
    You are correct in saying I am up $450 in 150 hours, however that is the results in my last 100 hours. I'm sorry I did not specify that. From my understanding, these wins/losses do not effect the bet spread.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyOcean View Post
    You are correct in saying I am up $450 in 150 hours, however that is the results in my last 100 hours. I'm sorry I did not specify that. From my understanding, these wins/losses do not effect the bet spread.
    Ah, so you won 2550 dollars during the first 50 hours and then lost 2100 dollars during the last 100 hours, now still 450 dollars ahead? (Actually you did specify that in a similar manner, but you mentioned negative variance during the last 75 hours, I see now).