See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions About ROR

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Questions About ROR

Hi ALL,

From the ROR calculators : https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/re...hp?do=calcpage

1) Bankroll = 70 units, Win rate per 100 hands = 12.7, Std. Dev. per 100 hands = 29.8, Simple ROR = 11.78%

2)
    Bankroll = 70 units, Win rate per 100 hands = 12.7, Std. Dev. per 100 hands = 29.8, Hands played = 50000, Trip ROR = 13.50%

Both use same parameters and Hand played is 50000 and can be considered as "long run".

Why simple ROR not same as Trip ROR ? Please help to explain.

James

Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post
    Hi ALL,

From the ROR calculators : https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/re...hp?do=calcpage

1) Bankroll = 70 units, Win rate per 100 hands = 12.7, Std. Dev. per 100 hands = 29.8, Simple ROR = 11.78%

2)
    Bankroll = 70 units, Win rate per 100 hands = 12.7, Std. Dev. per 100 hands = 29.8, Hands played = 50000, Trip ROR = 13.50%

Both use same parameters and Hand played is 50000 and can be considered as "long run".

Why simple ROR not same as Trip ROR ? Please help to explain.

James
    This is proof that no.
    Last edited by Phoebe; 10-11-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    This is proof that no.
    It produced same results even I input 5,000,000(Hand played) into the risk calculator ! Is 5,000,000 hand played still not a "long run" ?

The simple ROR is 11.78%, it is far from 13.53%(theoretical value for 1 Kelly), WHY ?

There is no good answer other than the 70 units is a very small bankroll, and the ROR formulas, while very accurate approximations, are not precisely accurate. There is no logical reason why a trip ROR should ever be greater than a ROR with no time constraint, given all the same parameters.

Don

Sorry.
    I did not see that Trip ROR was higher and I strictly answered the question.

My own calculator
    http://blackjack.debourgogne.net/ror (at the end)

Even 5000 is "long term"

2019-10-12 09_20_12-Microsoft Excel - RoR.xlsx.png

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    There is no good answer other than the 70 units is a very small bankroll, and the ROR formulas, while very accurate approximations, are not precisely accurate. There is no logical reason why a trip ROR should ever be greater than a ROR with no time constraint, given all the same parameters.

Don
    Thanks for your explanations

Don, as a reminder, I used the precise and complex formulas from BJA3

Blog Entries

My guess..."No Goal", for those trips you are winning, the more you play, the more trips you will ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    Don, as a reminder, I used the precise and complex formulas from BJA3
    Yes, good, but those are the formulas upon which Norm's calculators are supposed to be based. So, maybe they have to be checked. Note that, where you got 13.5% for the overall ROR with no time constraint, the calculator gave the lower value.

Don

Yes, good, but those are the formulas upon which Norm's calculators are supposed to be based. So, maybe they have to be checked. Note that, where you got 13.5% for the overall ROR with no time constraint, the calculator gave the lower value.

Don

Just to inform you that I have simulated 100000 trips(each trip played 10000 hands. Is it similar to no time constraint ?)with the same parameters, the ROR = 11.02%, which is not same as the results from the calculator(11.78%).

Of course, I may simulated it wrongly or you may argue that 100000 trips is a small sample size.
    Last edited by James989; 10-12-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Don
    1) After many tests, the 2 calculators agree with time constraint, even under extreme conditions of bankfoll or advantage (as in this thread)

2) Surprinsingly, they only differ on the simple risk.
    At least, one of the two is wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast