Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVDATA - TKO vs Hi-Lo Results

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVDATA - TKO vs Hi-Lo Results

I am going to grab the CVCX/CVDATA package when my next paycheck comes in but I have been toying around with the demo version of CVDATA and trying to sim TKO and see what how it compares in win rate to Hi-Lo. My two questions are as follows:

1. Are the numbers produced by the demo version of CVDATA correct or are they skewed because it's a demo?

2. If the numbers in the demo are correct, do the sims below seem to be accurate? I attempted to sim my counting system (which is basically a depth-based true count of KO using a chart) and compare it to Hi-Lo. I used the "Unbalanced True Count" option for KO, but I'm not sure how it calculates it. It seems to me like the TKO results are inflated, but I had heard that TKO outperforms Hi-Lo because counting the 7 is valuable. The spread to two hands is 75% of each ramp on both hands.

TKO vs HI-Lo Sim 2.JPG

The numbers are not correct in the demo.

Excatly, if the Demo was fine, do you really believe Norm would sell the real thing? Would you buy it? For what? One thing you're right, you rather not give your real name! :-)
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    The numbers are not correct in the demo.
    That’s what I figured, thanks for letting me know. Do you know how the “unbalanced true count” feature calculates its true count? That’s the last question I have before I buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Excatly, if the Demo was fine, do you really believe Norm would sell the real thing? Would you buy it? For what? One thing you're right, you rather not give your real name! :-)
    When I simmed, it only gave me the win rate and some other info like N0, not risk of ruin or lots of other stuff. I thought at first that you just get a small amount of info but that it’s correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    That’s what I figured, thanks for letting me know. Do you know how the “unbalanced true count” feature calculates its true count? That’s the last question I have before I buy it.
    just buy the stupid thing. Norm provides great support. He’ll answer whatever you want.

Do you know how the “unbalanced true count” feature calculates its true count? That’s the last question I have before I buy it.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...ced-True-count

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    just buy the stupid thing. Norm provides great support. He’ll answer whatever you want.
    I am planning to. Waiting for my next paycheck.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much. You are correct that the imbalance should be the factor in the equation and not the pivot to account for all IRC's. In my case, I can just set the IRC to 0 rather than -20 and get the same result. I appreciate it.

I am planning to. Waiting for my next paycheck.
    Well, if you cannot afford CVCX or CVData right now, you even less can afford card counting. Building up sufficient bankroll is the crucial thing.
    Last edited by PinkChip; 10-09-2019 at 02:38 PM.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much. You are correct that the imbalance should be the factor in the equation and not the pivot to account for all IRC's. In my case, I can just set the IRC to 0 rather than -20 and get the same result. I appreciate it.
    Just replace the running count of your system (which is of course dependent on your IRC) by the "relative" running count (= your RC minus your IRC). Which is logical because the relevant question is, how much is your RC above or behind the average RC, or par, as a golf player would say. For the KO count, the imbalance per deck is +4, so the average RC of a neutral pack would be IRC plus 4 times number of decks played.

Subtract that from your actual RC to get the "excess" of high cards versus low cards. This would be the RC of a balanced system starting at IRC = 0, like Hi-Lo count. The rest is equal to Hi-Lo count: divide by the number of remaining decks. The same formula is contained in Daniel Dravot's "The Color of Blackjack", but he starts at IRC = 0, so he doesn't need to subtract his IRC from his RC.
    Last edited by PinkChip; 10-09-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    Well, if you cannot afford CVCX or CVData right now, you even less can afford card counting. Building up sufficient bankroll is the crucial thing.
    My bankroll is replenishable so I can afford to start counting.

Yes. For a true counted KO, you can use any IRC but only 2 are logical : 0 or -4*decks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast