Thread: Is Norm's CVBJ Wrong or is BlackjackInfo's BS Charts Wrong or........

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is Norm's CVBJ Wrong or is BlackjackInfo's BS Charts Wrong or........

.......am I doing something wrong.

Some background. Zee, asked a question about splitting 2's thru 7's against dealer 8. I'm only interested in the 7's vs 8 split for a double deck game. Now Wong in Professional Blackjack in the tables in the back of the book list the index numbers for single deck and 4 deck games for splitting 7's vs 8. However, he doesn't have a chart for a 2 deck game. It has been said in the past to use Wong's 4 deck charts for 2 decks.

Now you can also see index numbers in Norm's CVBJ. I went into CVBJ and from the Menu selected Options, then Settings, and from the Basic Rules tab checked 2 decks, double on any hand, double after split, and dealer hits soft17. From there went to Menu selected Strategies, then Playing Strategies (simple) and choose Basic Strategies. I looked at both the Composite and Complete strategies. Then you can hit the display tables for your playing strategy. In both cases in CVBJ for 2 deck the strategy for 7,7 vs 8 is no split while the basic strategy chart at BlackjackInfo says to split.

I must point out I haven't really read the manual for CVBJ, at the most just a quick glance. If you just play with CVBJ for a while it is pretty easy to understand. Please don't say read the damn manual. I just want the right answer for 2 deck game.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    CVBJ has no two deck tables as the tables were created based upon the existing books (by permission) and they very rarely included two deck tables. You can modify them if you wish.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse