See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 'Session' bankroll ROR

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyOcean View Post
    How do you determine your session bankroll?
    It varies with personality. I don’t like losing more than $2000 at a single 6 DD red chip session and no more than $3000 at a $25 Min, DD session. If I have lost, I take a break and review.

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    My "About Me" stats show 136 total posts since 07/2018 and there are only 3 I have not deleted, so maybe someone quoted me there and that is why they still appear there?
    The thread titled: Beast mode video.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    It varies with personality. I don’t like losing more than $2000 at a single 6 DD red chip session and no more than $3000 at a $25 Min, DD session. If I have lost, I take a break and review.
    When things really go to shit, you think after the fact that......geez, I kept digging and I kept losing. If you’re in the middle of a bad shoe, the count goes negative - it’s a good time to call it a day and let the house book it’s nice win.

But........let’s say you’re deep in the shoe with 3 or 4 hands left, you’ve just lost another buy in, and you’re in for 3K - your biggest bet all night was probably 1x350 or 2 x200 or 250 - count is through the roof, things look good and now it’s time for the steam - out comes 1k, putting you in for 4K, and out goes 2x500 with that furtive look that goes with gamblers. You win both hands. Then, lose 1 and tie one, leaving with you with 1500 - then, you win 1 at 500, and win the other doubled - then gleefully exclaim to critter - hey, only down 1k - I’m back in business (true, amounts changed to disguise location)

Play a bit longer reducing loss and finally comment that I’m tired and need to go to sleep. House books a 200 or 300 win. That’s 1 way of using your bankroll.
    Last edited by Freightman; 10-07-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Question blackjack standard deviation

Hey,

I'm brand new to this forum. I decided to reply to you because it looks like you know what you're talking about.
    I recently did an exercise playing blackjack online.
    I played 6,873 hands. of which 3296 were negative, 3033 positive and 544 even.

My question is...
    Out of that many hands, do those numbers look proper to you?
    The numbers I get (calculating the standard deviation and variance) are not near that
    much of a spread from the mean. I'm not great with sd and variance, etc. That is why I'm asking this question.

I did play very close to perfect basic strategy (deviated on some hands like on 15 or 16, etc.

Thanks in advance!
    Scott

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by blackjack212019 View Post
    Hey,

I'm brand new to this forum. I decided to reply to you because it looks like you know what you're talking about.

My question is...
    The numbers I get (calculating the standard deviation and variance) are not near that
    much of a spread from the mean. I'm not great with sd and variance, etc. That is why I'm asking this question.

I did play very close to perfect basic strategy (deviated on some hands like on 15 or 16, etc.

Thanks in advance!
    Scott
    Yikes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack212019 View Post

My question is...
    Scott
    Your results are reasonable. You actually won a few more hands than expected and lost a few less than expected.

In order to calculate the sample variance, you would need the full distribution of the results, including doubles and splits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    Your results are reasonable. You actually won a few more hands than expected and lost a few less than expected.

In order to calculate the sample variance, you would need the full distribution of the results, including doubles and splits.
    Thanks for your reply. From those numbers, what would you expect?

Variance for blackjack varies slightly with the rules, but is typically close to 1.3. Take the square root to get the standard deviation.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345