See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 deck vs Double Deck

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Why not follow Dravot and forget the rumors? Do you think Dravot is wrong?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Why not follow Dravot and forget the rumors? Do you think Dravot is wrong?
    I don’t know who’s right and who’s wrong; that’s what I’m trying to figure out. There is a massive difference between max betting at a true 2 and max betting at a true 4 and I’m going to do all the research I can if I am ever to play DD at a $25 minimum again.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    That’s what I thought but I’m glad I got a second opinion. I like the idea of a 1:4 spread rather than a 1:5 spread as my primary concern is my risk of ruin, not win per hour. I played this game last night for the first time, but lost all that I bought in for and didn’t want to bleed more. Thankfully, I was still up on the day from counting 6 deck shoes. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have played it because I didn’t even know that my max bet was at a true 2, I thought it was at a true 4 per, “The Color of Blackjack.” I have a lot of studying and practice to do this week before I go back. Any suggestions on what I could read up on or ask in another thread before I go back? I appreciate your help.
    I’m sorry to keep spamming you with questions but I feel this one is pertinent. Those sims are awesome and I appreciate you running them for me. One difference between them and the conditions at the actual table is that I would generally be the only one there, it’s usually pretty empty. Is there any chance you could run the exact same sim but with heads-up play all? Lastly, I don’t use Halves, I count with CKO, a form of TKO, which is essentially Hi-Lo.

I’m sorry to keep spamming you with questions but I feel this one is pertinent. Those sims are awesome and I appreciate you running them for me. One difference between them and the conditions at the actual table is that I would generally be the only one there, it’s usually pretty empty. Is there any chance you could run the exact same sim but with heads-up play all? Lastly, I don’t use Halves, I count with CKO, a form of TKO, which is essentially Hi-Lo.
    Okay, here is a sim in Hi-Lo. I reduced the total bankroll from $30,000 to $10,000 to better show the risk of ruin. I also changed the optimal betting ramp to a custom betting ramp in an effort to reduce risk of ruin. If you look at the bottom of the sim the first line in green shows the results of an optimal betting ramp. The second line in blue shows the results of a custom betting ramp that I changed to make max bet at TC4. Notice the win per hour decreased some along with the SCORE, but the risk of ruin also decreased.

If you have CVCX you can change the numbers with a white background to try different things. My sim is just a shapshot of the sim and nothing can be changed.

2 Deck 9-24-19.JPG
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 09-23-2019 at 08:33 PM.

To stimulate your version of KO you will need to use depth-based for betting and multi-deck playing indices for CKO.

[QUOTE=21forme;275930]Apples and oranges again. BTW, have you really played DD games with surrender? I'm only aware of one and it's in CA.

There are some outside CA, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Okay, here is a sim in Hi-Lo. I reduced the total bankroll from $30,000 to $10,000 to better show the risk of ruin. I also changed the optimal betting ramp to a custom betting ramp in an effort to reduce risk of ruin. If you look at the bottom of the sim the first line in green shows the results of an optimal betting ramp. The second line in blue shows the results of a custom betting ramp that I changed to make max bet at TC4. Notice the win per hour decreased some along with the SCORE, but the risk of ruin also decreased.

If you have CVCX you can change the numbers with a white background to try different things. My sim is just a shapshot of the sim and nothing can be changed.

2 Deck 9-24-19.JPG
    This screenshot is great and I’m very thankful for it. I think I will start playing this DD game. I take $1200 with me every trip, which is four times a month. My entire bankroll is about $3000 but it’s replenishable over time. As scared of that $25 minimum as I am, I think that this double deck game could be a good opportunity for me. Do you have any opinions on the use of TKO for DD (as opposed to other counting systems)? I’ll let you free after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Apples and oranges again. BTW, have you really played DD games with surrender? I'm only aware of one and it's in CA.
    I just went thru CBJN and searched for all the 2 deck "ls" games. There are certainly more than one as you claim. There are several in the San Diego area along with several in Washington state. There are several in the Midwest with even one listed for the U.P. of MI, but I'm pretty sure that game no longer exists. Even found a "ls" on a single deck game. Damn, I found so many I actually lost count, but must be in the 10 to 12 range.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 09-23-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Banker View Post
    There are some outside CA, OK?
    Fair enough. I tend to avoid DD games, so never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Banker View Post
    BTW, have you really played DD games with surrender? I'm only aware of one and it's in CA.
    Beware, many are 6/5 even you can surrender with any number of cards in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cc12b View Post
    Beware, many are 6/5 even you can surrender with any number of cards in the hand.
    This game is genuinely double deck with 60-70% penetration (sometimes more), DAS, LS, RSA, super fast dealers. The only thing stopping me from milking this place for every last dollar is the $25 minimum. That and the play-all is the only thing holding me back. My bankroll just isn’t big enough to sustain the variance of play-all $25 minimum.

This game is genuinely double deck with 60-70% penetration (sometimes more), DAS, LS, RSA, super fast dealers. The only thing stopping me from milking this place for every last dollar is the $25 minimum. That and the play-all is the only thing holding me back. My bankroll just isn’t big enough to sustain the variance of play-all $25 minimum.
    If you message me where it is I'll make sure it's a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    If you message me where it is I'll make sure it's a good game.
    I added you. I’m assuming I can then send you a direct message after you accept but I’ve never actually sent a DM on here so I’m not sure how.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast