See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 deck vs Double Deck

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    "Invalid attachment specified", cannot open your screenshot links.
    Same here. MWP, did you miss post #6, as you didn't comment on it.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Same here. MWP, did you miss post #6, as you didn't comment on it.
    I deleted the attachments and tried again. This time they showed up in the post. I don't know what happened the last time I did it.

As I mentioned before, I didn't compare SCORE. Only compared win per hour.

MWP
    There is far more volatility in a DD game v 6D. Your Max bet is a true 2 v true 4 for DD and 6D respectively. Theorizing that your bankroll can handle, why don’t you rum some custom bets deviations on 6D where your max bet is achieved at true 2 or 3 versus true 4 in your sim.

Also, take note of the differentiation frequencies of DD v 6D on your various true counts. This will be a variation on optimal, but I would think you could achieve a much higher win rate per hour.

Last, is that really LS at DD? How tolerant are these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    MWP
    There is far more volatility in a DD game v 6D. Your Max bet is a true 2 v true 4 for DD and 6D respectively. Theorizing that your bankroll can handle, why don’t you rum some custom bets deviations on 6D where your max bet is achieved at true 2 or 3 versus true 4 in your sim.

Also, take note of the differentiation frequencies of DD v 6D on your various true counts. This will be a variation on optimal, but I would think you could achieve a much higher win rate per hour.

Last, is that really LS at DD? How tolerant are these guys?
    I actually just played there and I’m happy to let you know all about it. Yes, LS and also the pen was good. About half the time it was maybe 60%, but certain dealers cut off at least 75%.

MWP, you're not comparing apple with apples. You have a $10 min bet on the shoe game and $25 on DD.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    MWP, you're not comparing apple with apples. You have a $10 min bet on the shoe game and $25 on DD.
    True, but he’s answering OP

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    You didn't indicate if h17 or s17. The double deck game will outperform the 6 deck game by a wide margin assuming only 50% on DD and 80% on 6 deck. Damn, that is why I love those DD games.
    I admire those who play DD 65% pen. If I see the cut card at about 1/3 of the shoe I would stand there and count how many they deal and not play if they deal less than 70 cards.
    Last edited by cc12b; 09-23-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherNotGiveMyRealName View Post
    I actually just played there and I’m happy to let you know all about it. Yes, LS and also the pen was good. About half the time it was maybe 60%, but certain dealers cut off at least 75%.
    Then it is a no-brainer. With a 66% pen on the double deck game, even a 1:4 spread will outperform the $10 to $100 6 deck game.

2 Deck 9-23-19.JPG
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 09-23-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Then it is a no-brainer. With a 66% pen on the double deck game, even a 1:4 spread will outperform the $10 to $100 6 deck brain.

2 Deck 9-23-19.JPG
    That’s what I thought but I’m glad I got a second opinion. I like the idea of a 1:4 spread rather than a 1:5 spread as my primary concern is my risk of ruin, not win per hour. I played this game last night for the first time, but lost all that I bought in for and didn’t want to bleed more. Thankfully, I was still up on the day from counting 6 deck shoes. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have played it because I didn’t even know that my max bet was at a true 2, I thought it was at a true 4 per, “The Color of Blackjack.” I have a lot of studying and practice to do this week before I go back. Any suggestions on what I could read up on or ask in another thread before I go back? I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by RatherNotGiveMyRealName; 09-23-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Apples and oranges again. BTW, have you really played DD games with surrender? I'm only aware of one and it's in CA.

“Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.”
    -Aaron Levenstein

Just as a general comment, OP asked about comparing a DD against 6D, with 2 different mins, and clearly 2 different ramps. Readers getting in at the end of the thread are clearly confused because they didnt check OP for the actual question.

To clarify, with the same mins, with same hands per hour, the same lousy crowded table, the 6d game will kick the crap out of the more volatile counter trap DD game.

As a further clarification, the same game comparison, heads up with a fast dealer and player, will kick the crap out if it even more. The DD game simply can’t keep up with the far higher hph of the 6d game.

As a further clarification of the 6 deck hole card game vs no hole card game (not to be confused with ENHC), the NHC game should outperform (personal opinion, not simmed), the HC game, even though there is a so slight superiority in the HC game.

The reason is that there is no dealer peek, which means a fast dealer and player can really motor like no tomorrow - and because hands per hour is where it’s at, and this means higher win rate per hour.

As a last comment, not to be confused with win rate per 100 hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Just as a general comment, OP asked about comparing a DD against 6D, with 2 different mins, and clearly 2 different ramps. Readers getting in at the end of the thread are clearly confused because they didnt check OP for the actual question.

To clarify, with the same mins, with same hands per hour, the same lousy crowded table, the 6d game will kick the crap out of the more volatile counter trap DD game.

As a further clarification, the same game comparison, heads up with a fast dealer and player, will kick the crap out if it even more. The DD game simply can’t keep up with the far higher hph of the 6d game.

As a further clarification of the 6 deck hole card game vs no hole card game (not to be confused with ENHC), the NHC game should outperform (personal opinion, not simmed), the HC game, even though there is a so slight superiority in the HC game.

The reason is that there is no dealer peek, which means a fast dealer and player can really motor like no tomorrow - and because hands per hour is where it’s at, and this means higher win rate per hour.

As a last comment, not to be confused with win rate per 100 hands.
    This DD game that I’m referring to actually uses an automatic shuffler and has generally fast dealers, so the rounds per hour would easily beat the six deck game because they hand shuffle. Although there’s another 6 deck with a 5 dollar minimum that uses an automatic shuffler but it’s H17.

One more question I have is about the correct counting system used for DD. I use Color Coded Knockout in 6 deck shoes and am happy with it, but I’ve heard that that simple of a count won’t be sufficient for DD. I’d prefer not to switch counts but if I need to to play double deck, it may be worth it. What would you guys recommend in this regard? Lastly, Dravot’s “The Color of Blackjack” has me max betting at a true 4, while I’ve read elsewhere that I should be max betting at a true 2. Any wisdom is welcome.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast