See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: 6 deck vs Double Deck

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

6 deck vs Double Deck

I’m wondering if you guys have any input on the viability of these two games and which one would be better for me to play.

6 deck (Half the time H17, half the time S17)
    -75 to 80% pen
    -DAS
    -LS
    -10 dollar minimum

Double Deck
    -Unknown pen (I will know tomorrow and come edit it in, it’s a hypothetical for now)
    -DAS
    -LS
    -25 dollar minimum

I only play the former of the two and use a form of TKO with a 1-10 spread betting minimum in neutral or negative counts and ramping to $100 at a true 4. In really negative counts I leave.

I would like to switch to double deck as it is much easier to count (irc of -4 instead of -20) and I may look more natural with a 1-5 spread instead of 1-10 or higher. My main question really is, what would the pen have to be like for me to play this game effectively and what should my bet spread/ramp look like? My main concern when it comes to switching is having a bigger minimum and maximum bet at the $25 minimum table. That alone would increase my RoR but it would be mainly heads up from my experience and the good rules/potentially good pen could compensate.
    Last edited by RatherNotGiveMyRealName; 09-21-2019 at 07:56 PM.