See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ho Chunk changes the rules

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    How about this for bad rules.
    2 tables, 2 deck, pen 1.0, min $5, max $200, rules h17, d10, ds10, sc, hide

No wonder I had such a shitty year a few years ago.
    And you JUST figured that out?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I haven't played Hinckley in quite awhile, but I just noticed if a player asks to see the burn card they have to show it according to their gaming compact. See bottom of page 8. https://www.bia.gov/sites/bia.gov/fi...idc-038305.pdf

It says:
    After each full set of cards is placed in the shoe, the dealer shall remove the first card there from face downwards and place it in the discard rack which shall be located on the table immediately to the right of the dealer. Each new dealer who comes to the table shall follow the same procedure as described in this subsection before the new dealer deals any cards to the players. The first card which has been placed face down in the discharge rack, otherwise known as the "burn card," shall be disclosed if requested by a player.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 09-19-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I haven't played Hinckley in quite awhile, but I just noticed if a player asks to see the burn card they have to show it according to their gaming compact. See bottom of page 8. https://www.bia.gov/sites/bia.gov/fi...idc-038305.pdf

It says:
    After each full set of cards is placed in the shoe, the dealer shall remove the first card there from face downwards and place it in the discard rack which shall be located on the table immediately to the right of the dealer. Each new dealer who comes to the table shall follow the same procedure as described in this subsection before the new dealer deals any cards to the players. The first card which has been placed ace down in the discharge rack, otherwise known as the "burn card," shall be disclosed if requested by a player.
    You'll go from 52/104 to 53/104?

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    You'll go from 52/104 to 53/104?
    That increases the SCORE from 18.0 to 18.03!

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    That increases the SCORE from 18.0 to 18.03!
    If I have seen the burn card, say it is 5 and I have just cut out the 6 that I saw at the bottom when offered the cut, the RC is +2. To me that is significant, I place a slightly higher opening bet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    If I have seen the burn card, say it is 5 and I have just cut out the 6 that I saw at the bottom when offered the cut, the RC is +2. To me that is significant, I place a slightly higher opening bet.
    Zee
    I haven’t looked back to see what the rules were, so +2 RC hi lo (2.5 for halves) May or may not be past break even. Regardless, your thinking is on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Zee
    I haven’t looked back to see what the rules were, so +2 RC hi lo (2.5 for halves) May or may not be past break even. Regardless, your thinking is on the right path.
    I haven't looked at the rules either, but in a DD game, an H17 DAS game is +EV at TC +1. I'd push out 2 units.

I haven't looked at the rules either, but in a DD game, an H17 DAS game is +EV at TC +1. I'd push out 2 units.
    If true 1 is plus EV, plus 2 true (2.5 halves) is worth more than 2, just sayin.

On another note, other than a ten value card, what cards would you cut to keep in? Obviously, if you see a bust card, you cut it out and if you see a ten value card, you keep it in play but what about 7, 8 or 9? If I am playing with another player, I defer the cut to a ploppy if the bottom card is neither a bust nor a ten card but if heads up, what should one do? I have been cutting all except ten value cards out.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    On another note, other than a ten value card, what cards would you cut to keep in? Obviously, if you see a bust card, you cut it out and if you see a ten value card, you keep it in play but what about 7, 8 or 9? If I am playing with another player, I defer the cut to a ploppy if the bottom card is neither a bust nor a ten card but if heads up, what should one do? I have been cutting all except ten value cards out.
    Though not counted at hi lo, 9 is a good card to keep in (-.5 at halves)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If true 1 is plus EV, plus 2 true (2.5 halves) is worth more than 2, just sayin.
    RC +2 with almost 2 decks left is TC +1

Though not counted at hi lo, 9 is a good card to keep in (-.5 at halves)
    A 9 is essentially a neutral card that doesn't help or hurt.

Zee, you'd also want to cut an Ace into play. There are better things to do with such info, but I'm not going to get into that.

RC +2 with almost 2 decks left is TC +1

A 9 is essentially a neutral card that doesn't help or hurt.

Zee, you'd also want to cut an Ace into play. There are better things to do with such info, but I'm not going to get into that.
    I had 1 deck on the brain.

In any event, a known slug of small cards, as an example, cut out of play is an interesting proposition.

i wanted to be sure that the SD/DD conv started after my comments...which it did...I was obviously - at least to those that actually play the game - referencing a shoe game...but to have "ZDummy" attack me...and then to have other 'impostor, wannabes' pile on is even more comical

if you really thought my comments of a $1-199 (even though I made a point - 3 TIMES, NO LESS - that that max of 199 was 'funny') were referencing a S/DD game...please enlighten me to where these $1 minimum DD/SD games exist????

AFWIW, I even if i was 'red chipping' like you kats...I could only inherently spread 1-40...HAHAHA....not worth my time for nickels....too funny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast