Thread: Playing Vegas in big event weekends

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Playing Vegas in big event weekends

In what ways is playing in Las Vegas different when big events, conventions, rodeo, Nascar, fights, electronic events are occurring. Is there more heat or less? Are there pros and cons to it?

I am assuming it’s difficult to find seats at times, particularly at red chip tables. Assuming hotel rates and car rental costs are up as well.

Any advice?

Just my experience, but I was there for DefCon this year.

Hotel room rates and exorbitantly more expensive, I think my few nights was around 1200? Food prices are also artificially increased in the restaurants (Literally, the lady told us there was an additional $2.50 charge for the DefCon weekend when I was buying some crepes at Paris for breakfast on the last day... what a freaking rip off.)

I didn't notice the tables being more packed than usual, however. (Keep in mind most attendees at DefCon don't gamble, though). I actually noticed some lower limits in the middle of the strip than I did last week, when there was no convention going on.

The point in playing LV on big event nights (like fight night) is to blend in the crowd of highrollers.
    You won’t get nothing from these nights if you’re not black chip player or more. Worse, you will only face crowded conditions. However if you play $100 min tables, you will find many open tables and a lot of action to blend in. Don’t even spend time and money if you’re not already comped.

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    The point in playing LV on big event nights (like fight night) is to blend in the crowd of highrollers.
    You won’t get nothing from these nights if you’re not black chip player or more. Worse, you will only face crowded conditions. However if you play $100 min tables, you will find many open tables and a lot of action to blend in. Don’t even spend time and money if you’re not already comped.
    Defcon may be different from, say Rodeo or Nascar. The hotels and car rentals are up but Nascar or Rodeo would not mean much in HL rooms as the average visitor to those is the middle class.

There will be 8 Raiders home games next year.