Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete Zen Count vs HiLo Results

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Complete Zen Count vs HiLo Results

I'm a bit confused.

I made a Simulation with the Complete Zen count and HiLo with following rules:

6 Decks, S17, DAS, Late Surrender, D9, Resplit Aces, Deck Penetration 83%, 100 Rounds/hour, min. bet: 10

How can it be, that I get clearly better results for the HiLo Count under the same conditions?

HiLo --> 24.21 / hour

Complete Zen Count --> 21.06 / hour

I mean.. the Zen Count is supposed to be a strong Level 2 Count?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Are u sure about D9 on a 6 deck shoe - was that the identical input for both counts?

Yes.. both with D9.. and forgot to say with European No Hole Card

Did you look over the indexes included with Zen in CVData / CVCX?

I'm not sure about your question.... well I used CVCX and and I chose these two strategies with the conditions I told (sorry, if i don't understand everything.. I'm still new)

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbelaar View Post
    I'm not sure about your question.... well I used CVCX and and I chose these two strategies with the conditions I told (sorry, if i don't understand everything.. I'm still new)
    Zen ought to be about 10% better than Hi-Lo under the conditions you describe. Either you did something wrong, or the indices provided for Zen weren't as extensive as those for Hi-Lo. Do you have a way to see them?

Don

Hmm... I have a suspicion... could it be, that it's because Arnold Snyder did not provide the user with indices for surrendering? He only advises one to surrender 16 v. 9, 10 and A, regardless of the count.

This could be the problem? Why aren't there indices?

Here are the ones I use when simulating.
    http://blackjackforumonline.com/cont...nt_Indices.htm

I've been working hard to improve these (filling in some of the blanks) and am about 20% done with my project. Once complete, I will share my full updated indices with the forum.
    Don and some other people will probably see some flaws and kick my teeth in when I do. Hopefully they have mercy when I share my updated indices for Zen.

First of all.. I told you wrong about the rules... it's not LS (does not exist with european no hole card).. but it's ES10... but still the problem keeps the same

Now... i made changes with the surrender... and yes.. there is an improvement... but still zen and Hi-Lo are about the same..... i will test now with more simulations to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChoo View Post
    Here are the ones I use when simulating.
    http://blackjackforumonline.com/cont...nt_Indices.htm

I've been working hard to improve these (filling in some of the blanks) and am about 20% done with my project. Once complete, I will share my full updated indices with the forum.
    Don and some other people will probably see some flaws and kick my teeth in when I do. Hopefully they have mercy when I share my updated indices for Zen.
    Hard at work clicking "beat to death"?

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    Ha Ha. I'm trying

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Zen ought to be about 10% better than Hi-Lo under the conditions you describe. Either you did something wrong, or the indices provided for Zen weren't as extensive as those for Hi-Lo. Do you have a way to see them?

Don
    When doing simulation for the Zen count don't use the indices provide in CV Blackjack. Their not comprehensive. What you will need to do is generate some risk averse indices using CVDATA then do the simulation afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast