Thread: Caribbean stud poker variant: odds

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Caribbean stud poker variant: odds

Hi there. Got a question if you don't mind. In my country we play live caribbean stud, whit 1 card discard and if the buyied card doesn't complete the searching figure, you can fold. So, you are not commited to play the hand, and the worsts scenarios are: buy a card it cost an ante, play the hand whit no improvement - exemple, i buy when i got pair less than the dealer's face up card, searching for double pair or trips - and lost 2 antes and one bet.
    The question is, what's the player edge in this case? Dealer can't discard, it qualyfies on AK or better. I ask because i like the game, but i'm searching for proffit on the long term, so i play optimal strategy always, whit this discard 1 card possibility. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Askicker View Post
    Hi there. Got a question if you don't mind. In my country we play live caribbean stud, whit 1 card discard and if the buyied card doesn't complete the searching figure, you can fold. So, you are not commited to play the hand, and the worsts scenarios are: buy a card it cost an ante, play the hand whit no improvement - exemple, i buy when i got pair less than the dealer's face up card, searching for double pair or trips - and lost 2 antes and one bet.
    The question is, what's the player edge in this case? Dealer can't discard, it qualyfies on AK or better. I ask because i like the game, but i'm searching for proffit on the long term, so i play optimal strategy always, whit this discard 1 card possibility. Thanks!
    There's a lot of BS and misinformation out there. I know for a fact this guy is legit when it comes analyzing games and house edge https://wizardofodds.com/games/caribbean-stud-poker/

Ty. I know Wizard. He's tje best. But he don't know to much about this version of the game and he can't say if it's proffitable or not. Gonna wait for more replies. Ty mate.