See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Varying player edges at each TC

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yes, those are the original set published a million years ago, and republished there after I kept telling people not to use the newer ones. They can be slightly improved upon, but are the best I've seen in print.
    Thank you! I came across zen actually after researching AOII. Then I bought blackbelt in blackjack and when Snyder talked about zen, he was talking about quarter deck true edge stuff and it left me confused. I guess I lucked out by learning about zen on forums rather than buying the Snyder book first.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChoo View Post
    Then I bought blackbelt in blackjack .
    Read that book, read it again and then again a few more times. They’re hidden gems in that book that are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Read that book, read it again and then again a few more times. They’re hidden gems in that book that are really good.
    I think I will read it again. I'm much more knowledgeable than when I first read it. I finally got started on BJ Attack. I'm reading it slowly, and find myself rereading stuff several times to try and get a deep understanding of the concepts Don is talking about.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Norm, can you please confirm if I'm playing the strongest version of zen using these indices http://blackjackforumonline.com/cont...nt_Indices.htm
    with full deck rounding method for TC?
    And again, off topic we go.

I think I will read it again. I'm much more knowledgeable than when I first read it. I finally got started on BJ Attack. I'm reading it slowly, and find myself rereading stuff several times to try and get a deep understanding of the concepts Don is talking about.
    My comment is that BJA3 is really too advanced for a newer player. I would read the base books first and Learn those solid fundamentals.

Then, when Don chimes in and says refer to page so and so, have a good peek at those points. As you develop, pick out those topics of interest in BJA3, and have at it. Eventually, spend some good time reading and rereading chapters. There’s no way you can understand any chapter with a once read over. It’s a masterpiece.

Attention Don, just a reminder, my only free time on my New York trip is Monday Sept 2. I’ll be in Forest Hills. I know your anxious for nuances to the FBM ASC for inclusion in BJA4. I’ll have a car available, and would be delighted to pick up coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    And again, off topic we go.
    It’s the nature of threads.

It’s the nature of threads.
    Taking things way off topic would be annoying, but I wasn't exactly asking for a spaghetti sauce recipe or something along those lines. The comment before my question was referencing the different versions of zen. It was a good opportunity to ask a meaningful question I had. I don't see the reason to start a new thread for every question, if the conversation in an existing thread is steering towards a question that would apply.
    Last edited by UncleChoo; 08-24-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Taking things way off topic would be annoying, but I wasn't exactly asking for a spaghetti sauce recipe or something along those lines. The comment before my question was referencing the different versions of zen. It was a good opportunity to ask a meaningful question I had. I don't see the reason to start a new thread for every question, if the conversation in an existing thread is steering towards a question that would apply.
    Sounds reasonable to me

The problem is, there are many good books out there, and it took me a long time to read them all once (about 25 books), and some even twice, but it's hard to reread every book several times, thousands of pages. Practicing takes also much time and should not be neglected over theory.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkChip View Post
    The problem is, there are many good books out there, and it took me a long time to read them all once (about 25 books), and some even twice, but it's hard to reread every book several times, thousands of pages. Practicing takes also much time and should not be neglected over theory.
    Theory is great if you’re on a desert island stranded and by yourself. At some point, you have to come face to face with the beast.

Speaking of desert islands, a cousin of mine was stranded on one for several years, and built himself an island paradise, with oddly enough, 2 synagogues. Eventually, he was rescued and proudly showed his benefactors his island creations. One if his rescuers was puzzled and queried - why 2 synagogues. He pointed to one proudly exclaiming - that’s my SHUL, the other one I wouldn’t be caught dead in.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How about those Yankees?

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    How about those Yankees?
    Are we not in track? Hmmm, have another look at I think, post 10. We might be able to get back on track.

Listen to Norm!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast