See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Laughlin to Vegas by Flixbus

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankote View Post
    Gambling makes some people really crazy. I know a guy who's dream is to buy this real estate for sale in lake Como, Italy and the only solution he sees is going to Vegas and making bets there. I told him that there are very few people who can really make big money there but he thinks that luck will be on his side. Do you know anybody who could afford to buy property anywhere in the world after Vegas?
    Sure, come to the U.P. I just sold a piece of property I bought for $750 at a tax title sale years ago. I must admit, I had more headaches getting clear title than it was worth. Also hope to sell some lakefront property before the end of the year. I will have to watch my income this year to be sure to stay in the zero percent capital gains bracket. I was planning on selling some EE Bonds this year that I had for almost 30 years, but I'm going to hold off until next year. Good thing I'm having a shitty year at blackjack or I might find myself in the next tax bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Air Canada is not happy until you aren’t.
    Just checked the status of my upcoming flight to make sure there were no changes. They changed my seat and moved me to 1A. Don't want a bulkhead, so I changed it, but now I'm on the sunny (south facing) side of the plane in a 787 that has those awful electronic dimming windows that don't get dark enough. Ugh!

You jinxed me!

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Just checked the status of my upcoming flight to make sure there were no changes. They changed my seat and moved me to 1A. Don't want a bulkhead, so I changed it, but now I'm on the sunny (south facing) side of the plane in a 787 that has those awful electronic dimming windows that don't get dark enough. Ugh!

You jinxed me!
    No, you jinxed yourself. You booked Air Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    No, you jinxed yourself. You booked Air Canada.
    We'll see how the actual flight goes before I put them on my no-fly list. I've sworn off British Air, due to their old, rundown planes and flying through Heathrow, but may be stuck with them for a flight to a smaller city in the UK next year...

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    We'll see how the actual flight goes before I put them on my no-fly list. I've sworn off British Air, due to their old, rundown planes and flying through Heathrow, but may be stuck with them for a flight to a smaller city in the UK next year...
    Reminds me of my university wrestling days. We were coming back from (I think Lakehead University) Thunder Bay Field House, and interlined at Winnipeg. We, and I were returning from the Canadian Championships, and all of us, had loads of beer in our carry on. That was allowed in those days. We were adorned with our medals, and 5he guy behind me wanted to see the exquisite c9lir if that shiny medal around my neck. A minute ir 2 later, the stewardess approaches me, with my medal around my neck. We chatted for a few minutes.

I should add that was about the time they first started with electronic hand held scanners at security. She went up and down the inside if my thighs, with my duffle bag full of beer beside me, and I popped a woody. Geez she said, I’m just doing my job.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345