See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laughlin to Vegas by Flixbus

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Badbeat View Post
    I don’t think you need to explain yourself to counting is fun. His comment was extremely ignorant. You can explain it but he won’t understand.
    I have to agree. He makes plenty of ignorant comments. Some may say the same about me, however, the actual fact is that I don’t take shit, and there’s a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I never said I have a six figure blackjack bankroll. I said I could easily make one which is true. I have enough money in demand accounts (checking, savings, money market, and cash on hand) to make one. I wouldn't have to touch my mutual funds, stocks, CD's or 401(k) to do so. By the way, my 401(k) is only about $15,000 less than when I retired even though I have withdrawn more than $177,000 from it.

I really don't know what my blackjack bankroll is. If I need some money for blackjack, I just withdraw some from the bank. I do know I'm never going to risk $100,000 at blackjack. The biggest losing year I ever had was less than $4,000 and if I ever lost more than $10,000 in a year, I would probably quit for the year. One's bankroll is really what one is willing to lose at blackjack, not how much one has. So in my case I'm guessing if I ever lost as much as $30,000 I would give it up. Then again, maybe not. I like playing the game.
    Yeah you're right Midwest sorry, your bankroll is none of my business. It's just crazy to me that you could play higher stakes with a larger bankroll but you choose not to. I am no high roller, but to play for such small EV is just not exciting to me, and not worth the travel and everything else that we have to put up with. But that's nobody's business, to each their own...good variance!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    [QUOTE=Midwest Player;274048]I'm trying to figure out a cheap way to get to Vegas. /QUOTE]

To be honest I think your best bet to get there in the cheapest way possible is to walk. It'll also do you the most good. It may take a while but at least you'll arrive (if you do) knowing that you've accomplished your task in the cheapest way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Yeah you're right Midwest sorry, your bankroll is none of my business. It's just crazy to me that you could play higher stakes with a larger bankroll but you choose not to. I am no high roller, but to play for such small EV is just not exciting to me, and not worth the travel and everything else that we have to put up with. But that's nobody's business, to each their own...good variance!
    I only play blackjack because that's where they keep a lot of the chips.

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    I only play blackjack because that's where they keep a lot of the chips.
    Are you Willie Sutton's grandson?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Are you Willie Sutton's grandson?
    I never claimed to be making an original statement

Too bad you don't have Allegiant in your area....I just checked for the first week of Dec. Flights are $8.09 each way with the round trip discount. Fees $65.82. Total round trip airfare = $82.00....would be $60 extra for luggage, but i can do 3-4 nights just from a small backpack

Bellingham, WA Departure: Sun Dec 01
    BLI LAS
    Las Vegas, NV Return: Thu Dec 05
    1 Traveler
    New Search

Trip Price

Updating
    Flights $28.18
    Round-Trip Discount -$12.00
    Taxes, carrier charges & gov't fees $65.82
    Total (USD) $82.00

Quote Originally Posted by Old, but not dead View Post
    Too bad you don't have Allegiant in your area....I just checked for the first week of Dec. Flights are $8.09 each way with the round trip discount. Fees $65.82. Total round trip airfare = $82.00....would be $60 extra for luggage, but i can do 3-4 nights just from a small backpack

Bellingham, WA Departure: Sun Dec 01
    BLI LAS
    Las Vegas, NV Return: Thu Dec 05
    1 Traveler
    New Search

Trip Price

Updating
    Flights $28.18
    Round-Trip Discount -$12.00
    Taxes, carrier charges & gov't fees $65.82
    Total (USD) $82.00
    Of course i have a big advantage. I have three airports with direct flights to Vegas within one hour driving time, and there is competition between Westjet, Air Canada, Swoop, Allegiant and Alaska who all fly direct as well as United, Delta and American airlines who fly connecting routes

Quote Originally Posted by Old, but not dead View Post
    Of course i have a big advantage. I have three airports with direct flights to Vegas within one hour driving time, and there is competition between Westjet, Air Canada, Swoop, Allegiant and Alaska who all fly direct as well as United, Delta and American airlines who fly connecting routes
    I presume you are referring to YVR, YXX and SEA.

Best are Air Alaska, I presume from SEA, Westjet, I presume from both YVR and YXX. Swoop is the shits. I wouldn’t fly the other yankee airlines unless there was no choice. Air Canada will treat you like shit too, if you give them the chance.
    Last edited by Freightman; 08-27-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: 21forme pointed out my typo, so from shut to shit

Thirty-six

YVR(Westjet, Alaska and Air Canada) YXX(Swoop) and BLI(Allegiant) are within one hour

Alaska also flies direct from Paine Field which is about 1.5 hours away, no need to go to Sea-Tac, but if I did include SEA, that would add Spirit, Southwest, United and maybe more to the direct flight list, But SEA is about 2.5 hour drive, and more expensive parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I presume you are referring to YVR, YXX and SEA.
    I just had the realiz(s)ation that all Canadian airport codes begin with the letter Y...

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Air Canada will treat you like shut too, if you give them the chance.
    Is that Canadian for shit? I'll be flying Air Canada out of YYZ in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I just had the realiz(s)ation that all Canadian airport codes begin with the letter Y...

Is that Canadian for shit? I'll be flying Air Canada out of YYZ in the near future...
    Air Canada is not happy until you aren’t.

Oh, and Y do u ask?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast