See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Laughlin to Vegas by Flixbus

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Flying into Laughlin is free. At least the last time I went it was. Flying into Vegas will cost around $500 to $600. A week trip to Vegas will cost me from $1,500 to $2,000. I'm designing a trip to Laughlin and Vegas that will cost less than $200. By the way, my last trip to Laughlin only cost me $30.

By the way, I have no problem with putting together a six figure bankroll if I wanted to.
    Ha yeah right...you are sweating a trip that might cost what $500? Uhuh yeah sure you have a six figure bankroll lol...is that why you still play red chips after what like 50 years supposedly playing blackjack?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Counting_Is_Fun View Post
    Ha yeah right...you are sweating a trip that might cost what $500? Uhuh yeah sure you have a six figure bankroll lol...is that why you still play red chips after what like 50 years supposedly playing blackjack?
    I think you're pretty off base here. I think MWP would be considered wealthy if you look at his age and net worth. Don't we all know someone like MWP? Old, plenty of money, total cheapskate?

Read his posts sometime, going way back. MWP red chips because of his relationship with money, not because he can't afford it.

(On my scale, MWP is wealthy but Don is filthy rich. All those years running the desk at MS? Yeah that's real dough. MWP probably wears shoes until there are holes in them.)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    I think you're pretty off base here. I think MWP would be considered wealthy if you look at his age and net worth. Don't we all know someone like MWP? Old, plenty of money, total cheapskate?

Read his posts sometime, going way back. MWP red chips because of his relationship with money, not because he can't afford it.

(On my scale, MWP is wealthy but Don is filthy rich. All those years running the desk at MS? Yeah that's real dough. MWP probably wears shoes until there are holes in them.)

Politics aside, younger generations of people could learn plenty from someone like Midwest Player.

He may not be a blackjack AP, but Bill Gates is a red chipper.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    On my scale, MWP is wealthy but Don is filthy rich. All those years running the desk at MS? Yeah that's real dough.
    Nah, MWP has more money. Don had to write a book to support himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Politics aside, younger generations of people could learn plenty from someone like Midwest Player.
    One of my daughters in law is very smart and very frugal. I appreciate her, as my son does.

I see MWP as a nerd, but a nice decent nerd raised at a time when watching pennies was important. He’s clearly highly organized and bright. Criticize his game, fine, but not the man.

He also clearly loves that heavy snow shovelling lousy weather, short summer, long winter, lonely highways filled with piss stops etc. Etc. That is home to him.

We all have our motivations. MWP plays cause he likes to play. Don’t think he cares about the money.

Oh, and for the recird, I red chipped till my roll hit 85k. No heat, but conditions changed which is when I went up in stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    100%.

I never said I have a six figure blackjack bankroll. I said I could easily make one which is true. I have enough money in demand accounts (checking, savings, money market, and cash on hand) to make one. I wouldn't have to touch my mutual funds, stocks, CD's or 401(k) to do so. By the way, my 401(k) is only about $15,000 less than when I retired even though I have withdrawn more than $177,000 from it.

I really don't know what my blackjack bankroll is. If I need some money for blackjack, I just withdraw some from the bank. I do know I'm never going to risk $100,000 at blackjack. The biggest losing year I ever had was less than $4,000 and if I ever lost more than $10,000 in a year, I would probably quit for the year. One's bankroll is really what one is willing to lose at blackjack, not how much one has. So in my case I'm guessing if I ever lost as much as $30,000 I would give it up. Then again, maybe not. I like playing the game.

I don’t think you need to explain yourself to counting is fun. His comment was extremely ignorant. You can explain it but he won’t understand.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I think I found an even better deal on a Laughlin to Vegas trip. This is what I would do if I can ever find another charter to Laughlin that covers 4 days like Monday to Friday. Most of these trips are only 3 days, but they do have some 4 day charters.

Anyway, arrive in Laughlin on Monday then at 5:00 am Tuesday catch the FleixBus up to downtown Vegas arriving at 7:00 am. Will have all day to spend in downtown Vegas. Probably spend the night at the Downtown Grand. It looks quite inexpensive and then the next day on Wed have the Gray Lines Laughlin Tour Bus take me back to Laughlin. It appears they pick up at the various hotels. When you get back to Laughlin you get a $5 food voucher and $10 match play at the Golden Nugget. All this for only $14. Net cost $5 for return trip. I'm assuming or at least hoping they will let you take the bus only one way.
    https://graylinelasvegas.com/tours/l...-tour-6147_32/
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 08-25-2019 at 06:13 PM.

If the bus is cheap, it might be a good deal even if they sell only two-way tickets. After all, they cannot force you with a gun to reenter the bus for journey back ;-)

People do that with airlines. It's called hidden city ticketing. The airlines really frown upon it though. I doubt the bus would be an issue.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast