Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reko soft DD table differs when going through Flashcard drills v define/edit strategy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Reko soft DD table differs when going through Flashcard drills v define/edit strategy

Here's what I get setting H17 and going through Flash Card drills, making an error and seeing the pop-up window which lets me go look at the strategy table:

table discrepancy 1.jpgtable discrepancy 2.jpgtable discrepancy 3.png

And here's what I get going through the Strategies -> Define / Edit Strategies button on the front page:

table discrepancy 4.jpgtable discrepancy 5.png

Why are these tables different?

It's obvious you're not planning on playing a single hand of blackjack. Welcome to the board. It should have an Advantage Theoretician section.

The less blackjack I play right now, the better for my wallet! Do people use the cvcx cvbj tools enough that this is an easy question to answer? A couple hundred more questions and I’ll take over answering these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bjoe View Post
    The less blackjack I play right now, the better for my wallet! Do people use the cvcx cvbj tools enough that this is an easy question to answer? A couple hundred more questions and I’ll take over answering these.

I already told you to read a blackjack book.

You're dicking around with software. What you are doing is nominally related to playing blackjack.

Yes, I am already reading Professional Blackjack, but no reason not to dive in and practice counting, and get a better feel for the variables. Are there not many people around who actively study the cv tools like a theoretician?

I won’t have an illustrious career in bj with my other commitments but 3-4 times a year it’ll be fun to see where I can get kicked out of.

Quote Originally Posted by refinery View Post
    I already told you to read a blackjack book.

You're dicking around with software. What you are doing is nominally related to playing blackjack.
    Like I said, just push to have the forum renamed to bjoe Software Questions and all is good.

bjoe, you ever hear the expression pick and choose your fights? I have about 20 different questions for Don, but rather than over load the guy and take advantage of his generosity in answering, I'll hold back and maybe dribble one out on occasion.

Sure have, but I didn’t think Don and Norm would be the only ones answering them. If the forum doesn’t really respond often to these kinds of questions, no worries. I don’t mind if they stay idle if no one wants to answer them (especially rapid fire like I am posting them!).

If I see something I don’t understand, though, I’ll usually post it, and then sometimes I even answer it. Is it bad to be verbose like that here? Seemed ok to me in a forum format where people go at their leisure to browse, pull info, and socialize.

I’m always grateful for the insight all of you share! If I discover answers to my own posts, you’ll see it in due time.

Sure have, but I didn’t think Don and Norm would be the only ones answering them. If the forum doesn’t really respond often to these kinds of questions, no worries. I don’t mind if they stay idle if no one wants to answer them (especially rapid fire like I am posting them!).

If I see something I don’t understand, though, I’ll usually post it, and then sometimes I even answer it. Is it bad to be verbose like that here? Seemed ok to me in a forum format where people go at their leisure to browse, pull info, and socialize.

I’m always grateful for the insight all of you share! If I discover answers to my own posts, you’ll see it in due time.

Ask away man! I'm a newbie myself. Don't let anything I say deter you ha ha. That's the one cool thing about this place people Don actually chime in and share their wisdom. Norm seems cool too, but he left me hanging with an half answer the one time he chimed in for me

No prob, I just want to know why cvbj is telling me it's a mistake to hit A6 v 2 with count = 0 while the tables it shows me when I edit strategies and tables I cross reference on other sites show that A6 v 2 as a hit unless count >= 2 to double.

No prob, I just want to know why cvbj is telling me it's a mistake to hit A6 v 2 with count = 0 while the tables it shows me when I edit strategies and tables I cross reference on other sites show that A6 v 2 as a hit unless count >= 2 to double.
    What does Fuchs and Vancura say to do?

Thanks for the suggestion. Here's what I found:

When I go through the Define / Edit Strategy button and choose H17 as the affecting option for KO, I get this in both the S17 and H17 columns for Soft DD:

KO Full 1-2 Decks from Define:Edit Strat Btn with H17 option.png

and when I go through the Strategies button from the front menu and click Display Tables, I get the following result regardless of whether I have H17 selected as a global option or not from the front menu:

KO Full 1-2 Decks from Strategies Button : Display Tables.png

So, still this discrepancy depending on UI flow.

Very grateful for this! thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast