Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do strategy tables from CVBJ differ from CVCX?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Why do strategy tables from CVBJ differ from CVCX?

In CVCX, I chose to Attach Strategy and picked REKO with "Dealer hits soft 17" and Sweet 16 and Fab 4 selected. Under Display Tables I get:

Reko CVCX table.jpg

In CVBJ, I chose Dealer hits soft 17 under Global Options and clicked Strategies, selecting REKO and I get:

Reko CVBJ table.png

Why do these differ? I'm uncertain which to use.

First is for 1 deck.

Blog Entries

CVCX doesn't know which set of tables to display since you can run multiple sets of rules at once. The correct tables will be loaded for each sim.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

taking both previous replies into account, the cvcx display is for single deck, so cvcx in its Display Tables strictly shows the strategy for just single deck and doesn't have a way to display it for the other deck options?

Then, what deck count is cvbj showing? I see there is no option to set the number of decks where you look over the strategy details. I would have thought there'd be some sort of toggle to choose how many decks are being played which would then display the corresponding tables, or am I thinking of this wrong?

Blog Entries

CVCX is a parallel simulator. On the Sim Page you can set the sets of rules and the decks you want simmed. You can set more than one set of rules and more than one number of decks. CVCX will run all combinations that you set and put them in one file so you can switch between rules, decks, and penetrations instantly after the sims are run.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

ok, that makes sense, but when I go to attach a strategy, is there no way to see what the proper play is for a specific number of decks (assuming that the proper strategy depends upon whether you are playing single deck, 6-deck, etc)? Or, is there a way to do that in cvbj? It seems like setting the number of decks is done within specific drills, not where the strategy is set, so I don't understand where I go when I want to look at the single deck strategy for Reko. I'm starting to wonder if this means the strategy is supposed to be the same for any number of decks played?

BTW, RSA in CVCX is for ReSplitAce but how many times ?

Cvbj display the strategy for the rules that you have set.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bjoe View Post
    ok, that makes sense, but when I go to attach a strategy, is there no way to see what the proper play is for a specific number of decks (assuming that the proper strategy depends upon whether you are playing single deck, 6-deck, etc)? Or, is there a way to do that in cvbj? It seems like setting the number of decks is done within specific drills, not where the strategy is set, so I don't understand where I go when I want to look at the single deck strategy for Reko. I'm starting to wonder if this means the strategy is supposed to be the same for any number of decks played?
    Yes and Yes. In CVBJ, it knows the rules and decks and that button will display the tables for those settings. In CVCX, you can go to Define/Edit Strategy, go to the tables tab and see all tables for all rules for that strategy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    BTW, RSA in CVCX is for ReSplitAce but how many times ?
    As many as the Split hands setting says.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Phoebe; 08-22-2019 at 07:40 AM.

How does CVBJ know the rules and decks? When I click on Full Table Drills, it is set to 1 deck, and when I click on Counting Drills it's set to 4 decks. I don't see any setting indicative of a Global Setting for number of decks that CVBJ reads from to know which variant to display when clicking Strategies.

Soon Mods will have to change the forum name - bjoe Software Questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast