See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extreme tilt after dealer toke bet

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by notFromTheMidWest View Post
    also how the holy heck did a dealer spread you to two hands? That would never fly in any of my local places.
    That's really my fault. I should of immediately pulled my last bet back after the previous push. I got distracted in conversation while the new shoe was being shuffled. I agree though, I wouldn't think the dealer could place your chips for you spreading to two hands. It was all just a compounding disaster. The good thing is I learned by losing a couple $40 bet's rather than a couple $100 bets. The whole point of these sessions is to get a feel for different dealer mannerisms and procedures while getting a taste of the variance.
    Last edited by UncleChoo; 08-19-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChoo View Post
    EV is nothing new to me.
    i know folks that played a decade and still don't understand the effect of variance on your game. Imagined after a 1000 hours and you are sill not ahead after expenses . it happens .

It actually gets worse, but didn't want to write a novel for my opening post. I pushed on a 4 unit wager that was doubled on last hand of the shoe. My girlfriend sat down as dealer was shuffling. Dealer was harping me to let her play. I hinted she's fine and I'm almost done for the day and continue talking to my girlfriend. Next thing I know she is dealing the cards and she took it upon herself to spread my last wager that was a push on two hands (how nice!). So here at the start of a shoe I have 8 units out spread between two hands and didn't realize this as I was distracted by my girlfriend yapping at me. Of course both hands lost. This was the ultimate tilt trigger after the side bet fiasco.
    You are not ready to play BJ professionally or even semi-professionally. You were in shock and mourning for your departing big tips and not ready for the next shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by notFromTheMidWest View Post
    La La La La
    So Norm now allows socks run around and mocking?
    Last edited by BJGenius007; 08-19-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    i know folks that played a decade and still don't understand the effect of variance on your game. Imagined after a 1000 hours and you are sill not ahead after expenses . it happens .
    I get it, I really do. Seeing something on paper and then getting a little taste ( I know only 4 hours is nothing) in real life are two different things. I 've had losing sessions, but yet to experience losing 85% of my hands for four hours straight in great shoes. You're making assumptions I'n on here saying "poor me" when I'm really not. I think some of you guys forget the beginner mindset after having decades of seasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    You are not ready to play BJ professionally or even semi-professionally. You were in shock and mourning for your departing big tips and not ready for the next shoe.
    No, I'm not, and that's why I'm playing a red chip game. I don't think all is lost though. I think with continued study of the game combined with some more live experience and some advice from you guys and I'll eventually get there.

wow 4 whole hours of not running well?
    if you can't handle losing for 4 hours card counting isn't for you.

1)you tipped way too much
    2)once the dealer asks for it to be on the side bet why do you care where it went?
    3)your solution in the future if the dealer wants a toke placed on the side bet is to also make a -ev wager for yourself- in what world does that make any sense?

Here I'm jamming out $70 dollar bets and the rest of the table is flat betting $10 and they couldn't lose

You make it sounds like you're some high roller and they're broke bums. Get over yourself.

I get it, I really do. Seeing something on paper and then getting a little taste ( I know only 4 hours is nothing) in real life are two different things. I 've had losing sessions, but yet to experience losing 85% of my hands for four hours straight in great shoes. You're making assumptions I'n on here saying "poor me" when I'm really not. I think some of you guys forget the beginner mindset after having decades of seasoning.
    you absolutely are saying "poor me".

UncleChoo you should never be playing BJ if you are worried about $8. Wait till you lose a $1,000 or 2 on one hand. I pity your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by tomf23 View Post

2)once the dealer asks for it to be on the side bet why do you care where it went?
    3)your solution in the future if the dealer wants a toke placed on the side bet is to also make a -ev wager for yourself- in what world does that make any sense?

Here I'm jamming out $70 dollar bets and the rest of the table is flat betting $10 and they couldn't lose

You make it sounds like you're some high roller and they're broke bums. Get over yourself.
    Yep, I think I'm a high roller and an expert. I wasn't sharing the irony that the one hand that had a spread albeit a small one was constantly missing hands, but trying to show that I'm high roller.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Eagle View Post
    UncleChoo you should never be playing BJ if you are worried about $8. Wait till you lose a $1,000 or 2 on one hand. I pity your dog.
    At least this post here had a funny joke in it, but it wasn't an $8 tip I was worried about. It was annoying that the one bet I can win was the toke bet.
    I can see this thread taking a serious downturn, although it was probably set up that way from the content of the opening post. Nothing left to post or respond to here.

Quote Originally Posted by tomf23 View Post

Regarding point 3 - obviously, side bets are, off the top, minus EV - however, though I can’t speak to the sidebet mentioned, many have tip points as when they be become, positive EV.

I only tip when it is uncomfortable not to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Regarding point 3 - obviously, side bets are, off the top, minus EV - however, though I can’t speak to the sidebet mentioned, many have tip points as when they be become, positive EV.
    Right but he's not saying he's going to learn how to beat certain side bets and bet them at certain counts when they're +ev

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast